InGameDex (IGDx): The In-depth Gaming Database

Is the InGameDex something you would find useful once content is plentiful?

• Yes, indeedy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Siree!

• We'll have to see...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse this post. For it may seem like spam, but I am genuinely trying to get this project going, and I need other gamers in order to do so. :oops: Thanks for your understanding!

The InGameDex is a public location for all in-game data to easily be collected and viewed. This project has just started, and we are looking for video game enthusiasts who would like to contribute. IGDx will cover every game, every item, every boss, every palace, every monster, etc.

InGameDex makes all of this data linkable through a MediaWiki engine, allowing users from all over the globe to input and assit in making the InGameDex even more expansive. (View the Secret of Mana page to get an idea of how content will be organized and displayed.)

All you need is a simple user account, and you're set to go.

So.... what exactly do you want? Just for us to create an account and contribute? If so, I'm in. It seems like a great idea.

Before I vote, let me see if I got this straight:

Instead of the usual tactic for your typical FAQ site, with separate FAQs written by one person each, you will instead depend on a model where lots of people can add as little or as much info about Game X that they feel like without having to make an entire FAQ about it.

Am I understanding this correctly? If so, I think it has potential. Plenty of people who knows this one particular detail that isn't found on the net, but would feel overwhelemed and discouraged as there is, to my current (and admittedly FAR from perfect) knowledge, no place for them to put in simply that one detail. At least, not until that page.

You are both understanding the concept of IGDx perfectly! :D

The web has a lot to offer, even so far as game FAQ's are concerned. However, I find it completely inconvenient having to Google search for the info I need. Then when you find a decent FAQ, you have to sift through a large fully text page.

IGDx is a gaming info collective, and text isn't all we have to offer. Add image files, such as sprites and screenshots. Embed video playthroughs that you or someone else has created and uploaded to YouTube. Any bit of information about a game, in any form, is helpful to the greater cause.

We also have a nifty template setup. You can quickly find a nice wallpaper sized image on Google, and throw together a 760x120 banner image for the layout of every game page. Check out these pages for examples: Eve Online, WoW, Super Princess Peach, and Legend of Zelda:TP. At this point, we have still yet to set up a form for easy game page customization. It is still required that we go into the CSS templates and manually edit them. But, this is a pretty cool feature that I wanted to show the potential of. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in our InGameDex Forum. Or, you can just reply here.

We're adding content everyday, but there is so much to be done. So, if you can help, please do!

Thanks again. 8)

Good enough to be locked. Unfortunately, the rules state that unless affiliated and or a cooperation exists between Game Revolution, bolt, and you- you cannot advertise anywhere on the board for your site.

That said, I agree with Mc. You're just another undercover merc campaigning media for the youngins.

You aren't fooling anyone. Especially not me. Act the thirty-something web browser you are, or else I'm telling my mom on you.

-d"baby whiner"L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle