Call of Duty 4 Prestige Mode...worth it?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trose288, Feb 22, 2008.

?

Is Call of Duty 4's highest Prestige Mode worth your time?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trose288

Trose288 Rookie

Every Call of Duty 4 player who has gotten to level 55 (PS3) knows that there is such a thing as prestige mode, where you can choose to start all over. Why start over? Because u get a better looking medal next to your name.
    To most this probably seems like a challenge, but to me, its seems like a big middle finger. Every time you start over, u get a better looking medal. Then you get to the highest level after the tenth time restarting. When I see these people that have done this, i immediately respect them (and secretly hope they end up on my team). But is this really worth it? Is it really worth spending months in a dark room killing simulated people, just for the respect of peole you dont know and probably never will?
    Keep in mind that this process takes a long time and has a high risk of spending all that time, and simlpy getting bored of the game. I honestly don't know. What do you guys think?[/img]

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I see no problem with getting rewarded for playing a game you like, and playing it well.

Even if that reward doesn't mean anything in real life, so what!

3. MasterSpoon

MasterSpoon Rookie

Depends.. do all guns go missing when you restart or do you keep them? (I <3 R700)

4. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

It makes it more interesting, and makes me want to keep playing it.

Prestige FTW.

5. Trose288

Trose288 Rookie

All guns, challenges, and perks restart. The only thing that doesnt restart are your stats

6. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

PC version doesn't have it, so i can't say.

I do have 2 level 55 accounts tho, I find it a challenge to play through it again using the early guns.

7. OutlawCaptain

OutlawCaptain Rookie

I intend to prestige it up just so I can enjoy filling up those challenge pages again.

8. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

And you never know what kind of awards system PS Home is going to have, so I think going prestige might have other benefits.

9. thedude08

thedude08 Rookie

I guess its worth it cause you get to see if you do it better and faster the next time round. And plus all the noobs out there on xbl always ask "hey how many times you went prestige to get that" and its a ego stroke.