IGN

AMANIAC

Rookie
Why does everyone here (or at least the oldies) hate IGN? I don't see anything wrong with it, in fact i go on it almost as much as go on GR. Someone's gotta lot of explaining to do, huh?

Because they are loyal to this site, and IGN is competition. Imagine someone with a Mopar shirt. Now put Game Revolution on it instead.

I have a crapload of posts on IGN, so I don't really hate them. I just hate their stupid nazi fucking attitudes about message boards. And the fact that some bitch who doesn't even contribute money to the site can boot me off the boards(I have a subscription, and have bought gift subscriptions for many other people).

I erased my bank card from IGN, so yeah, they can suck my balls.

Edit: Oh, and if you happen to read this KevinCube, you're a fucking fag.

I don't have much of an issue with IGN. I find a lot of their reviews fall in line with GR's. Granted, some seem a little too favourable for some titles but that isn't reason enough for GR fanboys to say IGN is hardly ever honest.

I stay away from the forums mostly.

When it comes to the forums, it's because they are one of the many forums they try to be 4chan. Except with more people who don't understand the internet.

And yeah, when it comes to reviews they aren't Gamespot. They're ok.

Longo_2_guns said:
When it comes to the forums, it's because they are one of the many forums they try to be 4chan. Except with more people who don't understand the internet.

And yeah, when it comes to reviews they aren't Gamespot. They're ok.

I know what board you're thinking of, and they aren't all like that. The console lobby boards are much like this one, or at least they used to be.

IGN is ok, but they spread it too much, basically, over movies, comics, music, games, etc. Most of their reviews are ok, but they always favor the 360 over other systems it seems, based on what I have read.

The best thing they do is preview stuff, so I usually go to them for that. Other than that though, it's like everything else that's not GR. It's there, i'll go to it, and come back here eventually.

I go to IGN for previews and the like.

GR still has the best, non-bought reviews.
Also the IGN community are a bunch of 12 year old fanboys.

go GR!

The forums at IGN is a little too young either in age or maturity. It makes for anoying "i'm right you're wrong" discussions, unlike GR's argument heavy ones wich we all love. If you start a topic like this one on IGN most users will answer with: OMFG!!! CUZ THEY R THE SUXORS!!! LOL or something.

I usually go to IGN for previews only, they are pretty good at it, but i can't really thrust their reviews, so i stay away from them.

I occasionally go to IGN for comc news and game previews, but I've never ventured into the forums or any other part of the site. They've always got something interesting on their front page though.

Too many perfect scores and too many low scores on good games has lead me to believe IGN is just a large advertising network...and beans.

AMANIAC said:
Why does everyone here (or at least the oldies) hate IGN? I don't see anything wrong with it, in fact i go on it almost as mush as go on GR. Someone's gotta lot of explaining to do, huh?

I have never liked IGN. Yes, I will use their previews that are posted on 4chan, but IGN is pretty much universally despised on 4Chan. They are known for conflicting scores on certain game reviews, for judging too harshly certain games while not retaining that same scale for others (/v/ constantly cites God Hand, a very unique, albeit difficult game, receiving a 3, whereas games like Imagine: Party Babies receives a 7.).

Basically they are viewed as a review company that panders to what people want to see and over inflate games they know will sell, even if those games turn out to be horrible.

LinksOcarina said:
IGN is ok, but they spread it too much, basically, over movies, comics, music, games, etc. Most of their reviews are ok, but they always favor the 360 over other systems it seems, based on what I have read.

I agree with the spread out thing. They're a jack off all trades but master of none. The site is so full of shit, it takes a minute to do a 5 second thing. It takes forever to load, because its filled with stupid ads and when you finally find something, its usually another 3 clicks just to get there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod