Greatest Videogame Level Ever

JCD

Regular
I was going to make a showdown, but there is little point. So, as the title says, give what you think is the best ever level in a game.

For me it would have to be The Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3. That level was amazing.

UPDATE: I managed to find a brilliant feature on the level. http://gillen.cream.org/thecradle.pdf

Any Level in R-Type, The Water Temple in OOT, The First level in RE 4, and The last level in original doom.

Good times...

I would have to say the carnival level in Psychonauts. I just loved that game...all of the boss fights were so fun.

Deus Ex: Hong Kong
Thief 2: Life of the Party
Starcraft Brood War: Final Zerg mission (Bitch of a mission. But the dialogue when beating a faction make it oh so worth it)
Tie Fighter: Defender missions (Too overpowered a vehicle. But so much fun to fly)

LinksOcarina said:
Any Level in R-Type, The Water Temple in OOT, The First level in RE 4, and The last level in original doom.

Good times...

You called for me Links? No, well now that I'm here... I like the last level in Katamari Damacy. Something about everything you can roll up keeps me playing it over and over.

Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime. The base creeped me out, I loved the caves, and the level as a whole was...pretty. :)

yorky said:
Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime. The base creeped me out, I loved the caves, and the level as a whole was...pretty. :)

oh yeah, the hydra research labs in metroid prime! still make me nervous at whats round the corner! and the thermal visor bit! ah want metroid prime now heh! left at home.

I had to think about this for a minute. I usually just remember great games and not a single level. I don't play games enough anymore to remember a specific portion either. But anyway, my favorite level has to be that apartment complex (at least I think it was an apartment complex) in Silent Hill 3. I hate it and love it at the same time because it creeps me the hell out. Aint no level in any game sent chills down my spine like that one. Actually the silent hill games are the only games that I have to play with the lights on. But that same reason is why I hesitate to buy any game in the series.

LinksOcarina said:

Good times...

Wtf? The water temple? That temple was torture. It was a pain to do if you didnt know where the keys were because of the water levels. Backtracking is bad enough, but requiring you to raise the water to three different levels in a fairly complex area just so you could find something? That just isn't fun. I was so glad when I finally got out of that stupid temple. The Link clone and the final boss almost made that temple worth it... almost.

The best temple in that game has to be the Spirit temple, and the events leading to it. Escaping the gerudo prison has to be the best thing in the entire game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod