Favorite Videogame Music

I'd have to agree with UrbanMasque; the entire score to FFVII was great. Also, the story sections of Maximum Carnage and Ripley's Dungeon in Super Metroid are favorites.

My favorite boss battle music is the Mother Brain battle in S. Metroid

Mass Effect: Reminds me of all the 80's Sci-Fi movies I love: Blade Runner, The Terminator, Dune, Aliens. All in the best way possible. Hell, I could write a book about how awesome this soundtrack is.

The Original Diablo: The Tristram theme was just fantastic. When you got down the the laybrinth, and you heard the drum beats and the eerie violin screeching, you knew you were a step closer to hell. My favorite has to be the Catacombs music, because it just sounds so gothic and badass. The caves sound like a demon is going to pop out and anal rape you, but when you got to hell, it just got underwhelming.

System Shock 2: The Trip Hop soundtrack was spot on for the cyberpunk horror atmosphere of this game. I still love the music in the first part of the Rec Deck.

Mafia: I have never played the game, actually, but I have heard the opening titles music. It's pretty damn awesome.

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind: This has got to be my favorite classical style soundtrack. The brilliant use of string instruments are what really got me. For the record, I thought the Oblivion musical score was kinda lacking.

The Original Metroid: They actually made an 8-bit game where the music was great and NOT annoying. Once you got down to Brinstar... ohhh... man... gives me a boner just thinking about it.

Super Metroid: 16 bit sound. At it's absolute best. I loved every bit of this soundtrack. There's nothing bad I can say about it. Absolutely nothing.

StarCraft/Brood War: Every race in the game had a great unique musical score for them. The Terrans had a rock track that might as well have been composed by the band Rush. The zerg had a shock rock, scary ambient style to their sound. The protoss had a new age sound to them, I have to say.

Fallout: The mellow, ambient soundtrack was well fitting to the darkness and eeriness of post apocolyptic life. The music that plays when you get to the Followers of the Apocolypse monestary gives me chills.

Dune 2000: The Rise of the Harkonnen is my favorite track on there. I loved the entire soundtrack actually. Good times, good times.

C&C Red Alert: Hell March and Rollout are priceless tunes.

C&C Tiberian Sun: Good soundtrack as well. Still think Timebomb is one of the best video game tracks ever composed.

How about the Poo Song from Conquer's Bad Fur Day?

For such a corny (haha) song, that was one damn cool opereta =D

Tyrranis said:
Oh no, you didn't - Mercenaries 2

Look it up on Youtube.

awsome song. it convinced me to rent the game. just so i can pretend to sing the song while i play the game.

anyway, favorite game soundtrack would have to go to tenchu stealth assassins for the PS1. that, and maybe most of the smash bros brawl soundtrack, even though most of those are remixes from other games.

That "Oh No You Di'n't" song is actually pretty clever. I usually don't go for that sort of stuff, but the song actually helps makes the game look more fun and entertaining.

Other World by Rammstein in Final Fantasy X.The song that plays during the opening movie.

I'm not a fan of Rammstein but I thought the song was great with the opening movie.

Man...that cross meddley is beautiful.... full of memories, sadness and hope at the same time!

..... *sob* ....

I need a moment alone.....hold me.

On another note, I still play my PS2 heavily (thanks to no original games coming and the low price of PS2 title) is shadow of the colossus any good?

I really can't recall the music from Shadow of the Colossus, but everything else is good about that game, so I'm sure the music is good. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle