Disturbing moments in gaming.

I've been playing Mass Effect. Part of the story line is that the Krogan species is going extinct due to the Genophage. Knowing this, your character still kills at least 100 of them.

I have found it disturbing that your character directly contributed to the extinction of a species.

But then they are tough bastards, and I have Wrex in my party, so it doesn't bother me that much.

used44 said:
Killing Sims was quite disturbing. Especially when it wasn't purposeful.
Yeah. At first, I got some sort of sadistic pleasure out of trapping them somewhere to wither away, or starting a fire and removing the exits to the room, but then I started to realize that doing those things was a little more than just strange and was downright wrong.

in crisis core there was a part where one of the bad guys ripped some of zacs hair out and just ate it. I thought that was messed up and very unexpected.

JCD said:
used44 said:
Killing Sims was quite disturbing. Especially when it wasn't purposeful.
Yeah. At first, I got some sort of sadistic pleasure out of trapping them somewhere to wither away, or starting a fire and removing the exits to the room, but then I started to realize that doing those things was a little more than just strange and was downright wrong.

Yeah, but it's even more disturbing when, after you've stopped torturing them and start playing normally, a fire breaks out or something totally crazy. And you're in emergency mode, flashing the cursor around, trying to save your Sim who is totally dying right in front of you. Very disturbing.

I have a mod that infects a sim with a deadly disease and kills them with it. It's kinda depressing to watch someone puke their guts out and die.

when i found out that this chick from the west coast was moving to the east coast to be with a guy she met on WoW.. that, was scary.

Longo_2_guns said:
I have a mod that infects a sim with a deadly disease and kills them with it. It's kinda depressing to watch someone puke their guts out and die.

:(

keepithowitis said:
Bioshock, the part with the doctor, although that's probably a given for anybody who's gotten to that point. My heart literally skipped a few beats when I turned around.

Oh, also the other doctor, the one who's like drilling his corpses and then he goes 'This one.. this one, so UGLY!!' and then attacks you. It was kind of more of a disturbing, OMGWTF moment than a scary one, but still deserves a spot nonetheless.
Bioshock had a lot of disturbing moments. Not moments where I was scared, just disturbed. Moments where you wondered how could this place become such a dystopia and how shit got this fucked up?

This may sound really corny, but I was disturbed by some of the stuff in GTA III. Not disturbed as "holy crap, I'm scared", but as in "holy crap, I can't believe they did that". But then again, this was probably not the best game to play as an 13 yr old.

I was also terrified by the original Silent Hill. That game, now looks a little dated in the horror world, but it still gets me.

TheNesMan said:
keepithowitis said:
Bioshock, the part with the doctor, although that's probably a given for anybody who's gotten to that point. My heart literally skipped a few beats when I turned around.

Oh, also the other doctor, the one who's like drilling his corpses and then he goes 'This one.. this one, so UGLY!!' and then attacks you. It was kind of more of a disturbing, OMGWTF moment than a scary one, but still deserves a spot nonetheless.
Bioshock had a lot of disturbing moments. Not moments where I was scared, just disturbed. Moments where you wondered how could this place become such a dystopia and how s*** got this f***** up?

Especially the hallucinating moments where he saw the "ghosts" of former residents of Rapture, very eery, and scary. Especially that part where you go to the Eve's garden place and go into the back, whoah I was thinking if it was real or not the whole time I was listening.

TWISTED METAL BLACK! Its bloody gory and explosives. Someone who had too eat his friend and now wears his skull. An insane clown serial killer. And a guy who has blood all over his face.

GhostTrip said:
MGS3.

When Snake is disguised as Rakov and Colonel Volgin grabs his dick... yeah, disturbing stuff.

I have to agree that was horrific you have to think he does that regulary to Rakov. I also thought Rakov in a speedo was pretty Disturbing

I have a feeling this was mentioned before in the topic, haven't the time to check back right now, but Loaded on the PS1 was pretty messed up. A cross-dresser with a flamethrower? Seriously? That was a really messed up, bloody and vicious game. But very, very fun.

I'd like to mention right here for no reason other than it's kind of funny, I had quite a disturbing experience in real life myself this morning, waking up in a field. Don't ask. :D

Don't be silly MattAY, that's only every two weeks I farm while drunk. ;)

Looking back over these PS3 adverts, some of them are very disturbing. That baby is haunting me now.

anyone remember fatal frame's whatever sequels for the ps2? creepy girl ghosts slithering out from underneath a deck.?weird floating people with necks bent 180 degrees backwards? any of that? never finished it though cause i just didnt care.

oh, and pretty much every line of dialouge in every grand theft auto was just way over the top vulgarity.

my ears are bleeding

think ill go...... lay.... down....

In Blackthorne (32X, SNES, developed by Bilzzard) where you could friendly fire your own people. At first I was impressed, thought it was cool and all...shooting down your enslaved brothers with a shotgun while they're chained to a wall.

But then I began to wonder why the feature was ever put into the game to begin with. There were no points given, you got no reward.
Distrurbing to me, that game was pretty dark for its time.

The death animations were pretty sick too. Because these prisoners are chained to a wall, their heads and upper torso would slump over in a lifeless heap pretty realistically after you shot them. So on the plus side, the game had great animation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod