What happened to gore in FPS genre?

The gore doesnt even have to mean that limbs are being blown off, but I would like to to see more realistic bullet wounds and maybe chunks flying off with more high powered guns. It doesnt have to be over the top, just enough to get you into the action. Bullets leave marks. FEAR does it right actually, I like it.

Yes...yes... MORE IMPORTANTLY, is that you with a chicken on your head in your avatar?

I've always thought because moms who were bored outta their minds would complain that rated "M" games were too violent and graphic for their 12 year old kids. I don't mind the no gore but gore doesn't bother me either. In fact in WaW I thought it was a nice noticeable touch. I remember when playing WaW and when someone's limb fell off due to betties or tanks it (as cheesy as it sounds) made the game feel a little bit more real and authentic.

I like to keep my games seperate from real life. If you've ever seen someone get shot with a high powered rifle, you know what I mean. Let the games be games.

Medal of honor had that sniping level with the exploding heads. I'm sorry but it's just so unrealistic in fallout how you decapitate someone with a gun shot. I'd understand if you took a full clip to the throat but one magnum bullet, that's head explotion not decapitation. My favorite gory game though has to be the Punisher for the playstation 2. Ain't nothing like putting a drill through someones eye.

Black Ops is...actually pretty fucking disgusting, even in multiplayer. Get a nice clean shot with a Sniper Rifle and there will be a heart and some other chunks of inside crap all over the place.

Theater mode ftw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle