What The Crap moments of gaming history

UrbanMasque said:
(after a loonnnggg level, with no save point - all of a sudden..)

The Game Freezes......... wtf.

so you just sit there and stare at the same image for 10 minutes, hoping the Console will pick up from where it left off.... but deep down inside - you know better. You want to cry..
That happened to me quite often.
Playing F-Zero GX on the story mode, in the 2nd last mission and the game freezes.
Also in Sapphire Cup, continously losing by 1-20 points on hard mode.

Paradox said:
the ending of halo 2
The first ending in Halo3
The second ending in Halo3
any time i pick up a sniper rifle in Halo3 ("Dude WTF i shot that guy right in the head" "WTF stop moving" "WTF I shot him first")
When my xbox decides that my ten game win streak in NHL 08 (with five shutouts by Kiprusoff, and like 20 points by Iginla) needs to end and freezes up on me and i didnt save.

jc00l said:
Paradox said:
the ending of halo 2
any time i pick up a sniper rifle in Halo3 ("Dude WTF i shot that guy right in the head" "WTF stop moving" "WTF I shot him first")
When my xbox decides that my ten game win streak in NHL 08 (with five shutouts by Kiprusoff, and like 20 points by Iginla) needs to end and freezes up on me and i didnt save.
I've played enough sports games to know to save after every single game.

When Halo 2 beat out Half life 2 for best shooter (at release for both of them).

"lolz dual wield is better than physics and the gravity gun, newest thing ever lolz"

It is, until you dual wield in goldeneye for the 64!

Sheep I say, they're all sheep!

playing Civilization III for a few hours and when the game freezes, I realize that I didn't save.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
When Halo 2 beat out Half life 2 for best shooter (at release for both of them).

"lolz dual wield is better than physics and the gravity gun, newest thing ever lolz"

It is, until you dual wield in goldeneye for the 64!

Sheep I say, they're all sheep!

God dammit i hated trying to do that glitch/trick in Goldeneye. And god knows i couldnt just walk away from it either.

I think the ending to FFVII, not the part where Aeries dies, was a big wtf for me. See that was the first game i ever truly became engrossed in. I would go to school and think about that game all day, just wondering what Cloud and Seph and Barret would be getting themselves into when i got home. And I dont know why i thought this, probably because i was young and by the time i beat Sephiroth my game was at 99:99 time played, which is far longer than any movie, but i just didnt expect to actually have an ending. I thought i could keep playing the game FOREVER*. So when the stars came on the screen i refused to believe it. I literally kept my Playstation on overnite because i thought if it kept flying through the stars for a while i would get to keep playing. When i woke up and saw that nothing had changed, well it was my first real WTF moment in video games.

*If i could have kept playing forever, i would still be playing to this day.

TheNesMan said:
jc00l said:
Paradox said:
the ending of halo 2

Same here. It's a useful habit I now have. Saved my ass many times in RPGs, as well.

Mega-pun intended.

I just remembered this one. I was playing Bioshock and I got to the part Atlas tells me that the place I just arrived to is where Ryan is and when I enter this one room this guy on the loudspeaker starts talking and flowers and pink stuff come down and stoped and saved. Well I got the red ring of death the next day and I went through the process of getting a 360 and all that. When I put in Bioshock to play there was no save file and I had to start over (all the other games I had still had my saved progress from the last 360, I guess because I migrated my live account from my old 360 to the new one). That is the worst What The Crap moment ever! I poured so much time and effort into doing everything in that game.

used44 said:
TheNesMan said:
jc00l said:
Paradox said:
the ending of halo 2

Same here. It's a useful habit I now have. Saved my ass many times in RPGs, as well.

Mega-pun intended.

...i suppose hindsights 20-20

svenhoek said:
I think the ending to FFVII, not the part where Aeries dies, was a big wtf for me. See that was the first game i ever truly became engrossed in. I would go to school and think about that game all day, just wondering what Cloud and Seph and Barret would be getting themselves into when i got home. And I dont know why i thought this, probably because i was young and by the time i beat Sephiroth my game was at 99:99 time played, which is far longer than any movie, but i just didnt expect to actually have an ending. I thought i could keep playing the game FOREVER*. So when the stars came on the screen i refused to believe it. I literally kept my Playstation on overnite because i thought if it kept flying through the stars for a while i would get to keep playing. When i woke up and saw that nothing had changed, well it was my first real WTF moment in video games.

*If i could have kept playing forever, i would still be playing to this day.

I was the same way. Overnight stars. Except I stayed up for like 3 hours watching them, then leaving it overnight. I didn't want it to end, even though the conflict was over.

I did have this one moment, playing God of War on God Mode, after almost two hours of fighting against the clones, and finally besting them, and about 45 minutes of more against Ares in the final fight, I was ascending the stairs to the throne, and the final save point, when halfway up the stairs, my thumb slipped and hit the start button, and the screen went black. Nothing I did could make the picture come back, and I almost tore my controller in two. After another half hour of "troubleshooting," and complaining, I had to turn it off, losing my progress. Tried the same feat again, taking almost as long, and hit the stairs, WHEN IT HAPPENED AGAIN! Then I had the brilliant idea, after another 15 minutes of panicking, to swap the old cord from my PS2 for the new one in my PS3, and of course the problem was fixed. So far from being a God who stopped me in my tracks, it was a damn faulty AV cable!

used44 said:
TheNesMan said:
jc00l said:
Paradox said:
the ending of halo 2

Mega-pun intended.
Oh snap.

hmmm...
1)not being able to beat mega man 8 when i was 8-13, then thanksgiving day when i was 14 beating it in 4 1/2 hours.
2)colonol whateverhisnameis in MGS3 grabbing snakes crotch. i was 12. it was weird to look at lol.
3)playing dino crisis in 1st grade. NOT fun.
4)having my gh2 disc scratched so bad that itll stop, go back, and when it starts again the guitars fed up
5)how impossible the jurassic park the lost world game for psx was
6)how i cant remember where to go in aria of sorrow fo gba, or dawn of sorrow for ds

I was playing SW battlefront 2 one day and I decided to start from the beginning to tryout all the heroes and wtf, I save in the file that holds my other game, the one that I have advanced the furthest. I had to redo pretty much the whole game again. I sucked.

1. finding out that the otacon ending for MGS was really, really homoerotic.
2. seeing someone get their head ripped off for the very first time in mortal kombat.
3. the first time you use snarks in half-life, finding out they will attack you too.
4. the video of your first encounter with a zombie in RE 1.(and the dogs jumping through the window)
5. first noticing the jiggling in dead or alive
6. playing zelda/final fantasy in the morning for a "few" hours, only to look at your watch and notice it's nearly 12 at night.

ah the memories...

That part in KotOR on the Leviathan. Can't say anything more, major spoiler.
And at the end, the dark side path (Affect Mind was the greatest).

Also, I was pretty young when i played Oot so i never saw Sheik being Zelda coming. He was suspiciously homosexual though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle