Best emotional videogame music?

Solaris10

Rookie
It is funny but even though I have seen perhaps hundreds of movie..... no music touch me as much as videogame songs.... Today, I was listening to one of my best... one of the only song that truly makes me relax and wanna cry.

Guess what it was...

For thsoe who guest: The best is yet to come from MGS1...you got it.

Anyway, I know many songs touches a lot of you and gave birth to many emotions. Let's share the most memorable songs in our minds and the emotions it gave us.

I'll start:

Song: The best is yet to come
Game: Metal gear Solid

Start out slow..... gave an instant feeling of sadness and regrets. The kind you get when you look at the past or when you are on the brink of despair. Then the music picks up giving you a sense of hope and renewal. Hell, I don't even understand the lyrics but the title of the song is well chosen.

You really can't top the MGS series for soundtracks.

If you try to top it you can only go old school and give shotouts to the classic Mario and Zelda theme.

Scars of Time from Chrono Cross really gets me every time. Other than that I've heard some great music in video games, but none of them were nearly as emotional as that song was to me.

Heavon on Adelpha by Lennie Moore which is played at the end of Outcast is pretty emotional too. The whole ending of the game is pretty unusual and the whole experience ends up feeling like a hollow victory. The ending alone ensured Outcast a place in my personal video game top-10.

[edit]
Found a clip on youtube.
Warning: Turn down your volume, it is super loud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm72VcHMsk4[/b]
The song starts after the loading screen. This song I want to be heard at my funeral.

The Zelda franchise has been a gold mine for great music.
An emotional one that sticks out is Zelda's Lullaby. I'll have to replay Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in order to recall their best music.

I agree with them all pretty much. You cant top FF or MGS when it comes to quality music.

MGS especially...Harry Gregson-Williams is one of my favourite composers!

I find it amazing nobody has at least mentioned a Silent Hill title yet...so I shall school you all :)

I'll start off with the intro sequence of the first game, whose song is aptly titled Silent Hill.. the song by its self is really good, but even more powerful when you put it with the video. You know you're starting something good, when the game opens like this. Not Tomorrow is also a great song from this game, playing over one of the greatest scenes in any Silent Hill game, imo. Aside from these two tracks and the ending tracks, the game didn't have much of what we might call.. "music"

Silent Hill 2 probably took the cake for music, it's my favourite video game OST of all time. There are a number of masterpieces, so I'll pick out a few of the more emotional - True, Promise, Promise (Reprise), Theme of Laura (Reprise)

From Silent Hill 3 I guess I would have to pick Dance with Night Wind, although the SH3 OST was less impressive than any other game in the series, in my opinion...

Although I may not have liked the game, Silent Hill 4: The Room had a great OST, with Room of Angel and Cradle of Forest standing out.

Also quite good was the Silent Hill: Origins song, Shot Down in Flames

A lot of those songs you have to see them in game to get the full impact, by themselves some of them are just.. songs.

Oh...my..god!

Completely forgot silent hill.... My favorite was without a dbout silent hill 2. That game almost twisted my mind forever.... such an insight on human psyche...... The creator of this game must really have done is research.

The intro takes the cake though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqbjfaFSaY .

.... Poor James..... at the end, I would have done the same things as he did (those who know the canon ending knows what I am talking about).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod