Greatest moment of my life

Oh man..
Well, my first concert was the Blue Man Group, when I was 4. That was pretty tight, but it couldn't compare to seeing The Offspring three years later with my babysitter while my dad thought we were at a movie ;) . Then I saw U2, then a few more smaller concerts, etc, until last year when I started getting into going to concerts again. Then I went to the coolest concert of my life last December; Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, and Muse. Absolutely blew me away. Since then, I've seen The XX, Atmosphere, the Blue Scholars (twice), and some smaller groups at Capitol Hill Block Party. And next week I'm going to see Vampire Weekend and Beach House again, and the week after that, Dave Matthews at the Gorge. And I am $20 away from getting tickets to see fucking Deadmau5 in December, which will easily be the coolest concert I have ever been to. At this rate, I won't have enough money for college :oops:

ZZ Top at the Indy 500 carb day festival this past may was definitely the best concert I've been to, in terms of the whole concert experience

Oh, I thought you lost your virginity.

I've never seen a live band, it is a major cherry I've yet to pop. So I want to make it a good one.

I've seen Rush, they were fucking epic. Must fun I had at a show was at a crappy little venue with Say Anything headlining. The one I'm must pumped for is Bob goddam Dylan in a few weeks.

I used to go to a lot of concerts. My first concert ever was The Beach Boys and it was the coolest thing in the world. Say what you will...the Beach Boys rock.
U2. Epic.
Third Eye Blind, Vertical Horizon & 3 Doors Down. Surprisingly good.
311 and Incubus. Awesome show.
Jimmy Eat World & the Forum. Too many times to count...local bands, cheap shows and often.
Eve 6. Got to meet them because it turned out my friend knows them.

Two favorites.
Depeche Mode. Indescribably awesome. Probably my favorite ever.
Aquabats! One of the most fun shows you could ever see!

Daft Punk, 2007 Live
n42600574_30958603_2480.jpg

Just came back from Rock the bells, I was looking forward to seeing Lauryn Hill, but she sux now.

I've seen the following bands live (be it as an opener or the main show). Some of them were also at a 10 hour rock concert that consisted of 10 bands w/ 1 hour on stage each;

Matt Good
Seether
Audioslave (fuckin amazing)
Danko Jones (twice)
Nickelback (a selfish xmas present from my wife .. shes the one that wanted to go, lol)
30 Seconds From Mars
Finger 11
Buckcherry
Godsmack
Three Days Grace (holy shit are they horrible live)
Crash Karma
STP
Demonica
Airborne
Live

I think there were a few more .. Buckcherry was a sick live performance, even if I don't really dig the music they put out that much.

Edwin (Crash Karma) cracked out Astronaught from his I Mother Earth days .. and I blew a load, such a sick song live.

Huh... that's funny... a friend of mine just got me a ticket to see Slash in the warfield tomorrow...
slash.jpg

If anyone else is going there, look for the awkward nerdy french kid in the crow!

And UrbanMasque, you lucky bastard...

keepithowitis said:
Dave Matthews at the Gorge

I am so incredibly jealous.

Linkin Park, Green Day, Audioslave, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band (x3), John Butler Trio, Chromeo, Metric (x2), Our Lady Peace, Rise Against (x2), Disturbed, Incubus, Flight of the Conchords, Zygote (x3), Zero 7, Andy McKee and Don Ross (best one so far), Smashing Pumpkins (x2), Foo Fighters (x2), Sum 41, Comfortably Numb, Lotus, Streetlight Manifesto, Mike Gordon, Sloan

I'm certain there are more (this is of course not counting the openers)

keepithowitis said:
Dave Matthews at the Gorge.
I got to see White Stripes at the Gorge a few years ago. It was pretty damn amazing, not only because they put on a pretty good show but also because the Gorge is a Gorgeous (get it?) venue. I mean, it was fucking beautiful there.

Besides that, though, I've seen like 4 concerts total.

This year when I was in England, I went to the Royal Albert Hall for St. Georges Day, which was AWESOME! Everyone in there was loud and patriotic, so I got to wave around English flags and sing English patriotic songs with all the Brits. So much fun.

I've seen too many to name. Some of the best bands I've see live IMO were

Paul McCartney
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Chili Peppers
Tool

Motley Cru, Judas Priest, nonpoint, and Devil Driver were there. Now all I need to see is Rob Zombie, Avenged Seven Fold, and System of a down (which is never gonna happen) and I can die happy. I also heard Iron Maiden is touring now. By the way for ya'll people living in the UK Ozzfest is going to London for their last concert. He had the 9 year old Japanese kid who's great at the guitar come out to play Crazy Train

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod