Graphic Novels

Most Borders or Barnes & Nobles have graphic novel sections. A locally owned place may not (mine doesn't).

But Borders and Barnes&Noble are the Wal-Mart of book stores. I'd much sooner support a local store, which at least in Michigan, I've found to be more likely to have more interesting graphic novels.

Reviving this thread, because I bought and read Batman: The Ending Joke. Reading this, I see how Tim Burton's work was inspired by this. The ending I quite enjoyed and Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City had a few references from this. Great book!

I'm thinking about buying more graphic novels. Already read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Longo or Daniel mentioned HUSH was a good one. Any other (Batman related) that's a good read?

For a dude with a Batman tattoo, you've seemingly read very few Batman comics.

I've read comics when I was young kid. Batman was everything. I even had a bad-ass rain coat that could be used as a Batman costume. All of that stuffed was burned away in a house fire. I had some comic books saved. Now, I'm 20 and I'm trying to refresh my memory. Never read much graphic novels.

Hey, it's ok to have gotten your fandom mostly from movies, games, tv shows, or even toys and costumes. I was mostly just remarking on the kind of fandom it would take for me personally to get a tattoo of something. Didn't mean to offend.

Also, 90% of "graphic novels" are just collected issues (or "arcs") of a comic book series -- usually called "trade paperbacks" or TPBs. So don't let some pretentious snobs convince you that "graphic novels" are more ideal than comic books. They're basically the same thing, and sometimes literally the same thing. It's ok to read comics.

Hush is balls.
I assume you meant The Killing Joke. That is indeed good, though I wish DC hadn't taken it as gospel and instead taken it as the one-off story that it was intended to be. Batgirl in a wheelchair was annoying for years.

Best batman TPBs and novels:

The Long Halloween, by far
Year One
The Dark Knight Returns
Dark Victory
Batman and Robin (Grant Morrison)
A Death in the Family
Gotham By Gaslight
Knightfall
No Man's Land

Batman: The Cult was awesome. Also, What Ever Happened to the Caped Crusader? is a fantastic read. Neil Gaiman is a genius. Long Halloween is probably the best one though.

I will look into those. The Cult just came up when I was searching for the name of a different one. Sounds good.

Let's see...

I recently read Blackest Night. It was pretty good. Afterwords I read Blackest Night: GLC, which is where I got my sig from. And then I read Flash: Rebirth, which was probably better than Blackest Night.

@usedI was thinking about The Long Halloween. I mainly got the tattoo, because that's who I was when I child. Batman was everything to me (besides video games). I noticed that in graphic novels, because The Dark Knight returns was separated in books, five I believe. Oh and I don't take any offense.

I enjoy Miller's art in DKR and Ronin. Haven't read Sin City, but those other two are great illustrations, I think. Great stories too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod