Grand Theft Auto V to be revealed 11/2/11

^Red Dead Revolver is Red Dead Redemption's less successful predecessor -_-

And I dig that country idea, but how would that be played exactly? Would it require an install onto the hard drive? How big would it be, hundreds of gigabytes of textures and data? How would it run with such a big area to render? limitations suck

The Warriors was the best video game based movie ever made in my opinion. It was a prequel and a remake in one. But in my opinion my favorite rockstar is GTA III just because my uncle got me try it and that was the first free roam game I played.

keepithowitis said:
^Red Dead Revolver is Red Dead Redemption's less successful predecessor -_-

And I dig that country idea, but how would that be played exactly? Would it require an install onto the hard drive? How big would it be, hundreds of gigabytes of textures and data? How would it run with such a big area to render? limitations suck

Always wondered how Capcom feels about dropping that game nowadays...

I thought GTA IV was amazing but that being said I missed out on San Andreas, I do hope stats comes back because I thought that was an interesting concept in San Andreas. WHen it comes to open world games if the world isn't be then it should make up for it by having so much detail and depth in every inch because when a world is large but a lot of it is bland and feels the same it isn't as good. Once again didn't play San Andreas so I don't know how the three cities played out. Glad to see jets are back, I'm wondering what new features are going to be added/brought back, no matter what I trust rockstar with open world gaming so I feel like it's going to be great

The map in San Andreas was bigger than the ones in GTA: III and Vice City but the cities themselves were a lot smaller.

Wes said:
How about a GTA game that isn't just a city or a state but an entire country? A game SO big that even if you were to drive from one end of the world map to the other it would take you over 24 hours in real time. The only way to travel great distances from one state to another would be by plane. I think a game that big would literally take years to achieve 100%.

The bigger problem would be the development cycle. It would take years to construct the world, and then populate it, and then write enough interesting stories to make it worthwhile. I mean, what's the point of having a massive open world like that if it's barely populated?

Of course it will be populated! I'm not saying that it's possible now, but one day. If that unlimited detail rendering whatever is the real deal and not just another Blast Processing marketing scam then anything will be possible.

N-E-THING BRAH!

NickKmet said:
I mean, what's the point of having a massive open world like that if it's barely populated?

This is my biggest problem with RDR. I understand the intended majesty of vast, open expanses, but riding across the desert for 15 minutes can get old after the hundredth time. San Andreas' openness never bothered me at all. Even the unpopulated areas offered something fun to do, mostly because of the variety of vehicles.

NickKmet said:
Wes said:
How about a GTA game that isn't just a city or a state but an entire country? A game SO big that even if you were to drive from one end of the world map to the other it would take you over 24 hours in real time. The only way to travel great distances from one state to another would be by plane. I think a game that big would literally take years to achieve 100%.

The bigger problem would be the development cycle. It would take years to construct the world, and then populate it, and then write enough interesting stories to make it worthwhile. I mean, what's the point of having a massive open world like that if it's barely populated?

Not exactly. You know how some RPGs have randomized dungeons?
The layouts created for the states/cities would be random.

So the only thing they'd have to build would be the structures, but the game would lay them out.

used44 said:
NickKmet said:
I mean, what's the point of having a massive open world like that if it's barely populated?

This is my biggest problem with RDR. I understand the intended majesty of vast, open expanses, but riding across the desert for 15 minutes can get old after the hundredth time. San Andreas' openness never bothered me at all. Even the unpopulated areas offered something fun to do, mostly because of the variety of vehicles.

Campfires, bro. Campfires.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:
NickKmet said:

Campfires, bro. Campfires.

Even those take like 3 minutes. Just make the gameplay setting more dense with stuff to do.

IMAJl.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle