Grand Theft Auto V to be revealed 11/2/11

StickyGreenGamer said:
cyberjim2000 said:
NickKmet said:
WickedLiquid said:
but I would seriously like to see a GTA game set in London, England. Because let's be honest, Brit accents are just awesome. Could you imagine running missions for Brick Top, Mickey and Borris the Blade? Oh wait, that's the movie Snatch. Well, it would still make an awesome GTA game.

THIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_London

... Oh! You mean, one that's isn't top-down. Yeah, that'll be awesome. But I wonder why they renamed U.S. cities but not London?

Like THIS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Getawa ... eo_game%29

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Getaway, but that was a rip-off of GTA anyway, right? So why not rip-off the rip-off and have a GTA set in London. Or is that too much bollocks?

WickedLiquid said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about The Getaway, but that was a rip-off of GTA anyway, right? So why not rip-off the rip-off and have a GTA set in London. Or is that too much bollocks?

It was a bit of a rip-off, but a very good one at that. When my brother and I discuss the PS2 or GTA, this is one of the titles that often comes up. I'm not opposed to them doing one overseas somewhere. I think one in Japan would be awesome as well.

GTAV.jpg

The "V" in the image looks A LOT like a character on
the american dollar bill.

DC? Vegas? Atlantic City?

stock-photo-u-s-one-dollar-bill-corner-close-up-2895619.jpg

Or maybe near a Federal Reserve.

GTA: Denver!

I really can't wait for this. Rockstar has been crafting some good ones lately.

Americans have Native Americans on their money? Isn't that kind of... Like don't you feel... I don't know... guilty?

When I look at my Canadian money I just see cute animals... or dead white people.

I have a feeling they're going to do it as the whole of San Andreas again. At least, the cranes that are so reminiscent of the East Bay are shown prominently.

Longo_2_guns said:
I have a feeling they're going to do it as the whole of San Andreas again. At least, the cranes that are so reminiscent of the East Bay are shown prominently.

Na, I don't think so. All the shots of the cranes could easily be any of the ports here in L.A. or the surrounding county.

Besides, if they wait, both San Fierro and Las Venturas could be expanded upon for either expansion packs or later GTA titles.

It says Las Fuerta Freeway and Downtown Little Seoul on the road sign if that means anything to anyone?

Yeah they show mountains and stuff. I doubt they'll confine you only to the city. LA is so spread out anyway. Nothing like Liberty City / NYC.

I really like the trailer by the way. Good music and narration.

used44 said:
Yeah they show mountains and stuff. I doubt they'll confine you only to the city. LA is so spread out anyway. Nothing like Liberty City / NYC.

I really like the trailer by the way. Good music and narration.

At one point, it did show some tall trees. Like Northern California tall trees, so Longo may be right, but gut feeling is this is L.A County (county is massive mind you, part of the reason our jails are so full). Which will hopefully show my neck of the woods (desert) which is the northernmost point of the county.

And MattAY, the freeway it shows is numbered 5, the 5 Freeway being one of the main junctions in California, running past L.A. and San Francisco. Both cities have downtown Asian districts as well.

Of course, if it is L.A. and S.F., and they included the 5, they better have the 1 as well!

Interstate 5 runs up through Oregon and Washington as well. I should know, since I used to drive on it all the time when I lived on that side of Washington.

They show redwoods, which are Central/North Cal, around a mountain similar to Mount Chilliad in SA, which was on the SF island. Either way, I hope it's ALL of SA. The license plates say San Andreas on them, and SA is established as being the three big cities, so if it was just Los Santos they'd lose a lot of areas they couldn't have before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle