Grand Theft Auto V to be revealed 11/2/11

I hope its over seas, Japan, some middle eastern country, Jamaica or some Caribbean town.

Would be sick if it was in some communist country.

all in all - I like liberty city. I wouldn't be mad if it was back their either.

Bretimus_v2 said:
GTA: Fallujah?

TELL ME that wouldnt be insanity?!
Freelancing for some insurgent group - or acting as a CIA operative undercover there.

I was thinking more of GTA - Tehran/Dubai

some kid or female living it up in the night life.
-its about time they make a female the lead in a GTA.

It sounds like the game might shift its focus between a number of different lead characters. That would be pretty cool. Imagine if Lost and the Damned and Gay Tony had been interwoven into Niko's plot during your main playthrough.

That would be refreshing. I got bored quickly with Niko's surrounding characters but I loved the expansions, so.....

As long as they don't make a co-op portion necessary in the game I'll be happy. I would also love to see them bridge time spans. They're obviously great at doing periods, Vice and San Andreas show that. And I think they're sense of humor is better conveyed that way. What I would love to see is the fall played out. In every GTA the character has a past. How awesome would it be if you played out some characters fall in the 80's. Then his rise back up in the 90's. Finishing it out by playing his son taking over the family business. That would be epic. And they could age the city, replace buildings and change the geography. I would love that. It'd be a pain in the ass to make, but it'd be fun.

If they go back in time, they should go WAY back to like Gangs of NY era. otherwise make it futuristic or keep it present.

I thought Niko's story line was by far the best.
-and the characters in the TBoGT and Lost&Damned were pretty much the same people.

Gay tony had better friends and mini missions, Lost had a better hideout - thats it.

Hmmm, well they've covered pretty much every American city, haven't they?

Liberty City - NYC
Vice City - Miami
San Andreas - LA, San Fran & Las Vegas
etc

I agree that it's time to step out side the USA. I was JK with Canada obviously but I would seriously like to see a GTA game set in London, England. Because let's be honest, Brit accents are just awesome. Could you imagine running missions for Brick Top, Mickey and Borris the Blade? Oh wait, that's the movie Snatch. Well, it would still make an awesome GTA game.

The lead characters of all the stories in GTA IV were really good in my mind, Niko was awesome but Luis and Johnny were also great characters. Friends whinnying was kind of a annoying feature, trying to do something important but Dwayne has to keep bitchin' cause he's lonely. It's going to be interesting to see where and when but I know either way the story will be very enjoyable

WickedLiquid said:
but I would seriously like to see a GTA game set in London, England. Because let's be honest, Brit accents are just awesome. Could you imagine running missions for Brick Top, Mickey and Borris the Blade? Oh wait, that's the movie Snatch. Well, it would still make an awesome GTA game.

THIS.

NickKmet said:
WickedLiquid said:
but I would seriously like to see a GTA game set in London, England. Because let's be honest, Brit accents are just awesome. Could you imagine running missions for Brick Top, Mickey and Borris the Blade? Oh wait, that's the movie Snatch. Well, it would still make an awesome GTA game.

THIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_London

... Oh! You mean, one that's isn't top-down. Yeah, that'll be awesome. But I wonder why they renamed U.S. cities but not London?

Bretimus_v2 said:
Gay Tony was the best. Niko and his rabble were unrelatable.

Do you know any Eastern Europeans? or any NYC Russians?
-I think those characters were as close to spot on as you could get without filming live action.

diff of opinion I guess.

cyberjim2000 said:
NickKmet said:
WickedLiquid said:

THIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_London

... Oh! You mean, one that's isn't top-down. Yeah, that'll be awesome. But I wonder why they renamed U.S. cities but not London?

Like THIS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Getawa ... eo_game%29

Awesome game. I like my idea of Dallas, or maybe one set along several border cities of the U.S. and Mexico, plenty of material to work there with, from plenty of generations.

UrbanMasque said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Gay Tony was the best. Niko and his rabble were unrelatable.

Do you know any Eastern Europeans? or any NYC Russians?
-I think those characters were as close to spot on as you could get without filming live action.

diff of opinion I guess.

It's not a comment on the portrayal of them. I met a crapload of Russians and either Georgians or Ukrainians in Baltimore when I lived there. And yes, strong resemblance. I just didn't find Niko's storyline as enthralling as others. In saying that he was unrelatable, I was just trying to say that it didn't connect with me.

Soooo.. you had the strongest connection with a gay character?
10099.png

No, after spending two years on here, I guess I can understand what it's like to be a bad ass who's surrounded by a bunch of gay dudes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle