Grand Theft Auto V to be revealed 11/2/11

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TheDiesel, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

So apparently the map has been leaked

Opinions? I think it's a little small, but love the idea of Catalina.

2. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Smaller than other GTAs sure, but given the amount of content in the city may be the reason for the downsize.

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

It does look kinda small, but maybe there's more to come. I'd like it to be more dynamic too, rather than just a square of urban life then some forest.

4. paddyuk

paddyuk Rookie

Im not too fussed about map size or anything. Ultimately i just want the missions to get a bit more interesting, i thought Liberty City in GTA IV was fantastic, just the missions got a bit boring and standard. Sure all the free roaming is fun, but would be good for rockstar to pay more attention to the actual storyline as well.

Im disappointed with all the San Andreas love here, Vice City was the best game imo!

5. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I'm not worried about the map size. I'm sure if they recreated L.A. area like they did with New York City, I'll be happy. I'm kind of hungry at the moment, so I'm hoping for Cluckin Bell.

6. StickyGreenGamer

Definitely looks a tad small, but maps aren't always the best way to look at the actual size.

I like Catalina being there. The divide from the northern part to the southern part is pretty good too, but I'm assuming those are mountains and not a body of water.

I'm actually hoping that those northern parts are representative of my neck of the woods. Plenty of open room, nice little packed town, and oh yeah, one of the top flight test centers in the world, which would be a great place to pick up a plane or two.

7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

Dang, that main city looks huge though. If they actually use the space in between cities than I don't think it will be small.

8. keepithowitis

keepithowitis Rookie

I think that if Rockstar can give most, if not all, buildings a purpose, rather than every 5 or 6 blocks having a Burger Shot, car dealership, etc in the smaller city area like they did in GTA4, I will be really, really impressed and happy. Having a fully interactive city would be really f**king cool, no matter the size.

9. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree completely. As long as the space is well used, I don't really mind either way.

Though apparently if you match up the size of the runway to the runways of this one to the runways in IV, the big city is about the same size as the entirity of Liberty City, which makes me worry about all that dead space out there.

10. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

Maybe it'll be like Red Dead Redemption... except with cars.

11. paddyuk

paddyuk Rookie

Haha, being able to lasso people out of your car window does sound fun...