Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat Street

• Panic Room

• First World Bank

• Total voters
Ok, so it seems like our professional have a linear trajectory. The three heists they will take part in and the 3 different locations that it will happen.

The Story / The City / The Heists:

The gang is assembled as a professional group of jobbers with different skill sets and day jobs. We get introduced to each of them via masked phone call through a burner phone as it interrupts their daily lives. Some men have day jobs, some men live in the underworld permanently, and others are drifters with no roots (We'll decide which ones are which - later), but each of them are using their skill-set on the regular whether its a weapons expert, a driver, or a demo-worker.. The call comes in for a meet-up explaining a new opportunity and potential benefits - using slang dialogue to mask the true nature of the conversation. The independently makes their way to Canada (some sneaking across under the radar - others using "real-life events" to find themselves in Toronto). The team meets the day of at an undisclosed location to go over the details of the heist and ride out. We then get introduced to the famous masks that they each use to do their jobs.

Panic Room - Toronto, CAN Their mutual contact [tbd] gets a lead on gang with huge stash and plans to meet and greet with local gang. He will pretend to coincidentally be there when the PayDay crew strong arms the place, but he had intention of ever doing a “dealâ€

Joe Carnahan

Smokin Aces
The Raid Scene - pt.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m12vp5XjRBw
The Raid Scene - pt.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESNFmR5Clow

or maybe we can have a Keanu / John wick cameo if we use Chad Stahelski

John Wick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCh8rGFdsM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Role Call:

Who will Direct this Masterpiece?

John Woo
john_woo_the_crossing_4c.jpg

Joe Carnahan
carnahan-ateam.jpg

Michael Mann
tom-cruise-michael-mann-photo.jpg

Chad Stahelski
john-wick.jpg

Matthew Vaughn
stardust.jpg

Richard Donner
mel-gibson-directing.jpg

My vote is for Michael Mann. He also directed a really good heist movie called Thief (1981) starring James Caan. You guys should check it out. It's about a professional jewel thief who is trying to put his past life behind him but inevitably makes connections with the mafia and finds himself in too deep.

just to throw in some variety, Richard Donner.

A man who made The Goonies, Lethal Weapon, Assassins, The Omen, and directed Superman.

He can do a big budget action movie that is a little to the left in terms of fictionalized or "based on a video game" type. He takes the material seriously, but not himself seriously, which I think is key in a movie like this.

So looking for some consensus I'm feeling like we're leaning towards these three choices. I like this list so far and don't have any serious objections to anyone involved but we need to move this along so let me know if you have a strong leaning one way or another.

Richard Donner
John Woo
Michael Mann

I'm torn.. I like Donner, but my fear is that because Donner hasn't been active since 2006 that he might be out of "the game" in terms of what modern audiences want.

With that said..

It sounds like our choice is:

Director: Michael Mann
Executive Producer: Richard Donner (which he's done as recently as 2012)

Next up:

Studio

Who's going to give this the funding and the resources to make it as large scale as it needs to be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle