Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First World Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
GR Productions Presents - Payday: The Heist

1340783054payday-the-heist-1.jpg

Its that time again party people! But I'd like to start by saying that this Production is going to be a bit different from the others due to the fact that a movie with 5+ heists seems a bit redundant, and the game has no real narrative. So for this one, in addition to selecting the studio and director, the actors we choose - we will choose our shoot locations AND the story will be based on the Three heists we select. We can come up with some love story / character conflict to fill the time, but at its core we want this film will be a white-knuckle experience that rivals the best heist movies ever made. We also benefit a ton from this game not having much of a narrative outside of the work of these professional jobbers.

For those of you who have never done this before, we are casting a movie based on a popular game. This time the game is Payday: The Heist. These selections are typically voted on, but debates are encouraged.

payday+%284%29.png

Some of the primary characters won’t change at all - Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf, Chains, Bain, etc - but the story line they follow, the motives for the heists, and supporting characters will be determined by us - the GR Forum members (god help us). Once we figure out the story we’re trying to tell it will help us better select a studio and director, and then lastly the cast. The cast will be epitomized by the masks so maybe we don’t need to chase the A-Listers, but strong personalities will definitely bring this to life.

The intro to our storyline is this - This group of professionals are bound only by their efficiency. Just like the people you know and work with in your office, you know their strengths, you know their weaknesses, but you keep them a bit at arms length. The group relies on each other, but they are not necessarily friends. Our first scene after the credits we will establish their bad-assery with one of the three heists you select below, and the movie’s climax will be the other heist and main plot-line. So for our first choice we need to set the tone, and set it to LOUD!

Which studio is going to give this project the funding and the resources to make it as large scale as it needs to be?

Ok, so it seems like our professional have a linear trajectory. The three heists they will take part in and the 3 different locations that it will happen.

The Story / The City / The Heists:

The gang is assembled as a professional group of jobbers with different skill sets and day jobs. We get introduced to each of them via masked phone call through a burner phone as it interrupts their daily lives. Some men have day jobs, some men live in the underworld permanently, and others are drifters with no roots (We'll decide which ones are which - later), but each of them are using their skill-set on the regular whether its a weapons expert, a driver, or a demo-worker.. The call comes in for a meet-up explaining a new opportunity and potential benefits - using slang dialogue to mask the true nature of the conversation. The independently makes their way to Canada (some sneaking across under the radar - others using "real-life events" to find themselves in Toronto). The team meets the day of at an undisclosed location to go over the details of the heist and ride out. We then get introduced to the famous masks that they each use to do their jobs.

Panic Room - Toronto, CAN Their mutual contact [tbd] gets a lead on gang with huge stash and plans to meet and greet with local gang. He will pretend to coincidentally be there when the PayDay crew strong arms the place, but he had intention of ever doing a “dealâ€

Longo_2_guns said:
StudioTan said:
For starters, we should cast the crew from 'Heat:' Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Jon Voight...
Seconded.

Thirded.

But don't forget Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves! I mean, we'd have to resurrect Swayze but it'd be totally worth it.

Lethean said:
Longo_2_guns said:
StudioTan said:
For starters, we should cast the crew from 'Heat:' Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Jon Voight...
Seconded.
Thirded.

4c3.gif

Fine, we'll find some way to cameo those decrepit fat asshats, One of them might be the crews handler, the other might be a CEO, another might be some poor hostage - now VOTE!

The initial votes are in - It looks like the 3 heists we will be covering during the film will be:

Green Bridge
Panic Room
First World Bank

Settling on the order of these is what we will use to drive the story, and who we cast. So, the next choices we will have to make is storyline order and movie locations.

I'd like to use San Francisco, CA because I know it and it really hasn't had a good action movie since The Rock. I don't really care about the order other than Green Street Bridge being the climatic last rescue heist / shootout.

What do you think?

To be fair, I never played Payday 1. I'm sure all those missions are awesome, I'm just unfamiliar with them.

Seeing how I haven't played Payday 2 I'm gonna have to vote for part 1.

Also let's film in Toronto. It's cheap and we can pretend it's New York or Chicago like all the other damn movies filmed here.

WickedLiquid said:
Seeing how I haven't played Payday 2 I'm gonna have to vote for part 1.

Also let's film in Toronto. It's cheap and we can pretend it's New York or Chicago like all the other damn movies filmed here.

Toronto could be cool. Guest appearance by the best most corrupt mayor in the world.

5qfSjCQ.gif

I know.

Give it some excitement. NY and LA are so played at this point. A medium sized city would be fun to see heists in.

Weren't the games done in Washington D.C anyway?

So far:

Richmond, VA (I've drive through there as well on the I-95, seems ripe for the plucking)
Toronto, CAN
Washington, DC
Austin, TX
San Francisco, CA

I'll Recommend Austin, TX.

DC seems impossible, like shootouts in public in DC wouldn't fly due to the CIA n Secret Service. Like why do all the mobsters and villans converge on Gotham n Metropolis.. seems dumb to me - why not go somewhere where you can live under the radar, but oh well.

They are professionals, so traveling to jobs seems like part of the gig. We can do multiple locations. Are any of these locations OUT of the question for you guys? Richmond seems like a no-go if I'm taking the collective temperature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod