The GR Automobile Club, Liberty City.

Amnesiac

Rookie
That's right, another GTAIV topic, except this one is dedicated to the many fine modes of transportation throughout our lovely Liberty. We've all got that special place in our heart for going out and bagging those sweet rides, we're just unsure on how much time we want to invest in this endeavor. This topic is aimed to solve that. I'd hate to think about how many collective hours we've all already played this game, but it's in that sense that we will be victorious in the war on horrid cars. When we put our heads together, I'm sure we'll have a nice little collection of hotspots to visit (or revisit and revisit...) for the nicer rides this game offers. Also, it will give us a chance to discuss different cars and their various ups/downs. What handles the absolute best? What drifts the absolute best? (I know, not hard..) What's your 4-door of choice, for those 3+ man jobs? What cars can take the biggest beating? These are all questions the GR Automobile Club will strive to answer!

The first spot I'd like to put on our list is Faustin's house - you will always find a Turismo in the driveway. Never worry about not having a car to impress a girl again!

You should also visit AutoEroticar from time to time. Sometimes they can have absolute crap, but it just depends on the spawn. You can find their location from the in-game internet.

Remember, as in all GTA games, the best way to get a car you want is to drive the car you want, which spawns more of them. The only problem is in getting that first one, because some cars can seem to be extinct in Liberty City altogether.

In fact, my search for the Infernus came to an end yesterday. After so long in Liberty City, I'd never seen a single one other than in multiplayer, and this has been the same for all I've talked to - the Infernus just seems to be an impossible car to find before a certain point in the game. Weak spoiler:An Infernus is given to you after you complete all the missions for Bernie.

In my gloating to malakian about my new Infernus, I took a picture to show him the sheer awesome, which I gladly present to you now:
glennsleetinfernus.jpg

So post your hotspots, neighborhoods, showroom dealers, whatever - the places you go for your nice rides. Also, like I said before, I'd like to hear about everyone's favorite cars thus far for different situations. Personally, my two favorite amongst favorite of cars in the game are the Banshee (RX7/Viper looking car) and the Infernus (Murciélago/Zonda).

Above all, the best way I've found to easily get most any luxury car you'll ever want in the game is to call Brucie up for a race. Go to the race without entering, and shoot the driver of your choice. Remove dead body, drive off. Done and done.

I have actually have two Infernus's. When I got my first, I parked it and another drove by right then.

Also, there is a car dealership next to the Persius in East Holland, I believe, that is fully stocked with several Super GT's. Not very impressive, but it is pretty fast.

Edit- I think he is talking about the same one ^^^^^^^^

There is a car dealership around the corner from your safe house on Albany Ave. (the one on the center island....liberty island i think is the name.) It's called Grotti, and there are usually 10 cars inside it....unfortunately they are all Turismo's but if you need a fast car and want an easy spot to find one there ya go.

favorite car has to be the comet..
for the sheer pleasure of shooting people (who hit my car) in the legs, until they die a slow and painful death.
i then proceed to run them over..even if they are already dead.

..also, dial [227-555-0100] to get my second fav car, the FBI charger/avenger..
strong as hell, and fast enough on the straights
- the perfect getaway car.

As far as 4-doors that can hold their own out on a job/rampage... the Patriot (H2) is nice, especially if you've got to do some plowing, but the Escalade copy (forget the in-game name) will handle better. If you're ever lucky enough to nab one, the FIB Buffalo (black Dodge Charger) is probably my favorite all-around car for rampaging, as it handles great, takes major damage and can outrun most civil 4-door cars. Next to nabbing one after a 4+ star wanted level, I'm pretty certain they're impossible to get without the spawn phone number, which doesn't block any achievement on the 360 version. It's a fun car to use if you're looking to go out cause as much trouble as possible, I can definitely say that. The Vincent (Mitsubishi kinda thingy) and the Feroci are also good 4-door cars to pull some jobs in.

Taxis do handle great, the only problem is that they're sluggish. Try a Sentinel on for size, used! And Mikey is also right, just about every convertible in the game handles great.

I always found the Feltzer a good car to drive (it was my first 'better' car) but last night I was using a Turismo and eventually that got too beat up so I jacked a Feltzer and it felt so sluggish it took a while to get back used to.

Sam

malakian said:
How's the infernus handle? I like the Feltzer for an all rounder...cant take much of a pounding though.

In close running with the Comet and Super GT, I'd call it the best handling in the game.

not necessarily my favorite car but one that you can always (i'm pretty sure at least) can find is the turismo which is parked in front of faustin's garage at his house.

my "favorite car" according to the game is the police car.

Amnesiac said:
the Escalade copy (forget the in-game name) will handle better

Huntely Sport is the in-game name.

Believe it or not I love the blista compact, but it cant take very much damage. And I love the Viper but I forgot whats its called in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod