Good game-based novels

clayman637

Rookie
I have read a few of the warhammers books, both regular and 40k, including the ragnar series of course, and i like most of them.

I typically like fantasy novels, and have read alot of Salvatore and some other misc
books on steampunk / cyberpunk / dreadson files.

Those are some of my interests, and i want to find another game based book thats good to read (not the last doom one anything but that).

Does anyone have any suggestions? or do you simply want to share a good read you had?

It does not have to be gaming, just Sci-Fi or fantasy to keep the topic on track and interesting.

Unless you're into manga then I'm just sharing this one haha.

But Devil May Cry has a manga out, it's really well drawn - very creative artist.

Devil%20May%20Cry%203%20Volume%201.jpg

code2.jpg

believe it or not the halo books that fill in the story that the games missed are really really good i;d give them a read if'n i were you

jivesc00ter said:
believe it or not the halo books that fill in the story that the games missed are really really good i;d give them a read if'n i were you
Wow, you must really be drunk.

Longo_2_guns said:
jivesc00ter said:
Wow, you must really be drunk.

well i know your not comenting on my horribe grammer/spelling since were pretty familur with each other in the forums so your downing the books then, really? i genuenly liked them and i never read si fi

I agree with jivesc00ter, I really enjoyed the Halo books. I reckon if you started with The Fall Of Reach, you could enjoy them even if you weren't a Halo fan or possibly (maybe) had never even heard of Halo.

When I was younger I used to like to read the Battletech books (which were based on the table-top game and later became the basis for the MechWarrior series). I have very fond memories of the books, but it's been a long time & may just be a case of a distorted youthful rememberance. Sort of like how I recently discovered that MacGuyver isn't nearly as good as I remember it being when it originally aired.

The first Mass Effect book was very well written. The author was the same man that did the story for KotOR.

TheZoomZoomKid said:
Starcraft has a couple good novels.

I read Liberty's Crusade (about the Terran campaign in the non-expansion game) and I really liked it.

My brother read the Diablo books and said it wasn't that good.

The Shadowrun series if you can find it ( i have a couple) based off the SNES world and the new FPS one is a great read.
I found them pretty engaging and drew you in real nice.

The battletech books have a mish mash of bad and good books.

Also, if you really want to reach, the book Roadside Picnic is where STALKER get's its ideas from.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Also, if you really want to reach, the book Roadside Picnic is where STALKER get's its ideas from.

I just watched the movie "Stalker" yesterday. It was terrible. Possibly one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen.

I always recommend two really great reads I've had. Two graphic novel series.

1. The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman. Collected in 11 trade paper back books (the Absolute editions, remastered, might be less books). WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY. Starts out a little as horror, but moves into the realm of fantasy and other genres as you go on. Great stories, some of the best characters ever invented, great incorporation of real-life characters, etc etc.

2. The Preacher. I think it's collected in 7-9 trades. Lots of blasphemy, and if that doesn't bother you, really awesome books. Your jaw will hit the floor on many occasions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle