Game races.

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
No, not racing games, game races.

Both sci-fi and fantasy video games have introduced some stellar non-human races that we've all come to love and hate. What are some of your favorites and least-favorites? Do you prefer orcs or elves? Redguards or Nords? Zerg or Protoss?

My absolute favorite is the Viera race from the Ivalice-Alliance Final Fantasy games (Tactics, FFXII, etc). A mostly female race of high-heel wearing, mini-skirt sporting, rabbit-eared archers? Sign me up!
Viera_archer.jpg

Final Fantasy also introduced us to Moogles which are just adorable.

The Elder Scrolls races are consistently disappointing. The Argonians and Kahjits are neat, but all of the elves and humans are boring and the orcs are predictable.

The alien races from Mass Effect are all interesting because they all are xenophobic and racist, in one way or another. Turians are probably my favorite just because Garrus and Saren are so cool. The Volus are neat for their breathing masks. And the Asari are all-female, sex-loving and they reproduce asexually and we're just supposed to be cool with that?..
Also, ELCOR!:
Elcor-MassEffect.jpg

I love Argonians. Argonian chicks are the hottest females of any race.

Oh, and Renamon from Digimon. Heck, pretty much any beast/human-esque race is the best.

I think the Guados from FFX are pretty cool. They aren't extremely different, but they have that mystifying quality to them. I also like regular people in the Jak and Daxter series. I always liked the whole elvish long eared thing

Gotta love playing as a High Elf in Oblivion, all the other races in the game have to look up when they talk to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133