Best racetracks in gaming

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Real or fantasy, what are some of your favorites?

forza4demo.jpg

Burnese Alps track from Forza Motorsport 4. One of the few invented tracks in Forza, this one is a blast. Long wide corners you can go flat out in. Lots of elevation changes, natch.

wave-race-64-u-v1-1-snap0085.jpg

Drake Lake from Wave Race 64. Smooth current but lots of cornering and those little islands to avoid/jump.

10731-rainbow%20road.jpg

Rainbow Road from all of the Mario Karts, of course.

I thoroughly enjoyed racing in F-Zero GX on Cosmo Terminal Trident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtimq-5vPw

This video doesnt really show how much fun it is since the uploader is just showing off. But when you're constantly surrounded by opponents shoving you off on an irratic thin track, which splits and overlaps it's a helluva time!

Since Mario Kart is the only game I enjoy from the racing genre I'll name a few from there.

Mushroom City- GCN
Maple Treeway - Wii
Bowser's Castle - N64
DK's Jungle - N64
Rainbow Road - Wii

I've kinda shied away from this thread because I know none of you are going to recognize what I have to say, being stuff from games like Dirt Trax FX, Nascar Rumble, Jeremy McGrath's Supercross 98, Top Gear, and other old games.

I liked Jet Moto's "suicide" tracks that sent you head-on into the pack, and the final track that alternated between heaven and hell.

Need for Speed Shift 2 has a great track list (Bathurst, Brand's Hatch, Brno, Donnington, Zolder, Spa" I just wish the driving was better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod