Exclusives

Mod Fight! Mod Fight! Mod Fight!

Exclusives suck for us, but it's just the way the industry is. Microsoft knows that if they pay Bungie X dollars to have their game(s) exclusive on their consoles, they'll make Y dollars. Business 101 slick.

truncheon5000 said:
Hey, only have a PS3 and want to play Limbo?

Just play this!

This is one of 10 million reasons why I love LBP . That made me feel soo much better Trunch - have fun with limbo, i'll wait till LBP 2 hits the shelves.

Exclusive Games is what defined consoles in past generations.

But it's more economically sound for 3rd parties to make non-exclusive games it seems. So chances are the list of exclusives will shrink considerably as time goes on.

I mean, the only ones who will have exclusives now is Microsoft owned, Sony Owned, and Nintendo owned franchises. It's not a bad thing, but 3rd party exclusives will be a thing of the past I think.

What should not be exclusive is Downloadable titles though. But that's a rant for another day.

Many downloadable titles are made by small companies though, and they often only have the resources to focus on one platform.

UrbanMasque said:
truncheon5000 said:
Hey, only have a PS3 and want to play Limbo?

Just play this!

This is one of 10 million reasons why I love LBP . That made me feel soo much better Trunch - have fun with limbo, i'll wait till LBP 2 hits the shelves.

NP mate and yeah LBP2 sounds kind of like it will be the end of games, a real exclusive worth having.

I like that exclusives generally push up the quality of a game because their tailored for one specific platform, it's the reason consoles > pc.

I like that exclusives generally push up the quality of a game because their tailored for one specific platform, it's the reason consoles > pc.

Oh shit, I hear someone coming. Screaming and with an axe made of PC chips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod