High Definition question

Solaris10

Rookie
I got an HDMI cable for my Xbox 360 and for my PS3.... I haven't tried it with my PS3 yet but I tested it with my Xbox and the results are..... well....let's say it isn't what I thought.

Indeed, I see more detail but what's with the shade??? My Xbox 360 games (except mass effect) look 3 times darker then normal. I tried to play Lost Odyssey but it is downright ugly on high definition.

I heard the PS3 can handle high definition pretty well. Can anybody told me if this is normal or I am feaking out???

By the way, I got an HDMI cable from MONSTER which is supposed to be the best right now. My TV support 720P and 1080i but don't seem to support 1080p. Help a newb please.

720p has better quality than 1080i and you have to change the settings on hte xbox and the ps3 through the menue, if you dont do that it looks like garbage. Plus for a tv like that you can buy componet cables, which are cheaper and look jsut as good on a 720p or 1080i tv as hdmi cablles do, there about 10 bucks for generic ones at best buy for hte ps3 and 360.. thats how i have both my systems hooked up and they look real good

Hummm, thought so.

However, I did try 720P and it looks better. But as soon as I launch a game on the Xbox 360, I see more details but there is some kind of shadow that really ruins the experience.... I wonder, is this normal? Then again, I only tried Mass effect and Lost Odyssey...and it was in dark area.

well to be fair i did notice that i played with the color on my tv and found the right adjustments, basicly jsut play with it

You are probably right.

I'm gonna buy a PS3 soon and I saw what good HDMI (monster cable) can do for a PS3.....it's sick!

Plus, I got my cable at a bargain....it's crazy how HDMI are overpriced. An HDMI cable cost 10$ to make but they cost something like 200$US or more......

The only difference between a Monster HDMI cable and a generic HDMI cable is that the Monster cable is better insulated. If HDMI were analogue instead of digital I'd say that's a good thing but as it's digital it's not. Better insulated cables came around in the days of analogue transmission where loss of signal through the cable walls would be detrimental to quality but a digital signal doesn't work like that and doesn't require thick insulation because if some of the signal is lost then all is lost.

In other words: buy a cheap HDMI cable, there are many reports on the internet of how Monster cables are a rip off.

Sam

so 720p is better than 1080i? ive had my 360 set on 1080i ever since i got my hdtv. ill need to check that out.

i know the basics of what the difference in resolutions is, but i am no expert. could someone more knowledgable than i explain how 720p is better than 1080i?

Paradox said:
so 720p is better than 1080i? ive had my 360 set on 1080i ever since i got my hdtv. ill need to check that out.

i know the basics of what the difference in resolutions is, but i am no expert. could someone more knowledgable than i explain how 720p is better than 1080i?

Well... 720p shows all 720 lines in one single pass; while 1080i displays the odd-number of lines first, and then the even; and switches between them, basicly you get 540 lines each pass. To prevent flickering some vertical pixles are blurred or lost so.. 720p has higher vertical resolution than 1080i.
it's not that much of a difference really.
1080i shows still images better and 720p shows motion better.

i think that made sense

It does make sense. Huuuummm thanks everyone. By changing my TV setting, now everything is much better. Now...if only there were more games on my PS3....

Solaris10 said:
It does make sense. Huuuummm thanks everyone. By changing my TV setting, now everything is much better. Now...if only there were more games on my PS3....
i dont htink i could have said it better, but hopefully we we be able to all play haze online togather

I got the 1080P xbox 360 and P3

P3 looks better, but all you have to do is make some adjustments and it should be good.

Check your TV befor you go make a big purchase, make sure it is the right TV for the job, alot of tv's arn't properly equiped to have games played o nthem even if they are 720 or even 1080. Do your research.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod