Exclusives

UrbanMasque

Everyone Wears a Mask
I thought the console wars were fun and gave people cool things to argue about, but now I'm just downright PISSED. The reason.. one word:

LIMBO.

I want to play this game so bad - I'm willing to give up masturbation for it (for a short period of time). Personally, I don't think Xbox gamers will be able to pull their heads out of their rears after Halo, Gears, and CoD long enough to even notice this game, but that's neither here nor there because they have that option - and me and my ps3 do not! There aren't many games on Xbox that I'm salivating over, but I feel the pain of Xbox geeks wanting to play LBP, or God of War, and can't.

I guess my question is - do exclusives hurt the game industry (mostly the fans) or add to the hype machine and bring in more $$$?

Wow, just saw a trailer for LIMBO. It does look ace, no wonder you're pissed.

It's always for the business with exclusives. When a game is exclusive they always advertise that fact. If Nintendo spreaded their rights around to Sony or Microsoft, they'd probably falter in the industry big time! I suppose all that is only true for big games only though.

With little arcade games like LIMBO, you'd think they would give the rights to everyone to spread their game out more. More money and fame for Playdead Studios. But...well, if you're willing to fork up £200 (or the US equivalent) then you have no choice but to buy a 360 my friend!

Agreed, I am royally pissed now. What annoys me just as much is that they delay the release to the other systems in many cases by six months or some such nonsense and then it's more of an after thought if you actually catch it.

But it's good business. And makes you feel all smug and high-n-mighty when you're on the better end of the stick.

Bretimus_v2 said:
But it's good business. And makes you feel all smug and high-n-mighty when you're on the better end of the stick.
Like now, when i let you all know i plan on buying this soon.

[Edit]
I just played the trial game.
I don't know what the hell all the fuss is about.

You PS3 owners aren't missing anything but a game with 2 control buttons.

crazycracker22 said:
^It appears Urban's initial statement was correct...

Well, at least PS3 owners get the Scott Pilgrim game... so there's that?
And i'm sorry, but there's no way in hell i will pay 1200M$ for it. Call me cheap, but 800 points is about the max i am willing to spend on something that's less than 4 hours long, has no music, no voices and only 2 buttons to press therefore making me think it was developed with a budget of $500 and some free food.

The extent of it's 'eeriness' is having no colours, a soft grain filter and some 'squesh sqshh' sounds you get when you chew on bubblegum and record it, on top of a track of a person jogging.

All in all, very unimpressed. I have no idea why this game gets an A- yet UFC and Crackdown 2 only get B+, despite offering much, MUCH more fun and gameplay. And at least in UFC there's blood, instead of some random black dots.

Ya know...A lot of cats now a days have both systems for this very reason...And the built in blu ray player.

Fanboy bashing aside .... Limbo is awesome. ONLY 2 buttons you complain?! That's because adding a 3rd button would just BLOW YOUR MIND! (or maybe turn on the lights in Limbo ..).

Hey, you know what else is great? Having that extra £250-£400 and using it to hang out with my friends.

You've got some expensive friends if it costs 250 quid to hang out with them. Or you're obviously broke if it comes down to a choice like that.

MattAY said:
Hey, you know what else is great? Having that extra £250-£400 and using it to hang out with my friends.
Me and my mates can hang out on what is effectively £30. If it costs more than that, you need new friends or ones that don't want expensive as hell booze.

And yeah even in Australia it's cheap as hell to just buy a 360 Slim and a used PS3 with a dead HDD to just buy a new one.
As in, under $600 for both cheap.

And if you have to have a Wii, it's only like $200 for one and a 16gb SD card.

MattAY said:

What are you guys drinking then, when you're hanging out? Cristal Brut's 24/7? I usually take about 30 - 50 euros when I go out with my friends. :D

On topic, I have all three gaming consoles plus a solid gaming computer. But I did work hard for them. :)

Ok, to clarify on the joke (I cant BELIEVE I have to explain to the cynical maddy and longo again) - I didnt mean in one night. Because you're right, who the hell spends that much in one night apart from rich people!?
Over time people, OVER TIME.

Now shut the fuck up and play on your multi-consoles - jesus.

Yeah, I know. I'm just making fun of you for being an idiot.

Also, don't you have a so-called "job" that pays you over time so you always have money to spend on stupid stuff? Meanwhile it's a one-time investment that you never have to worry about paying for after it's done, thus the OVER TIME money you receive can then be spent OVER TIME.

I don't have the time or money to get to into all three consoles as well as handhelds/mobile phone/ipod touch and PC nor does the thought of existing to feed a menagerie of hungry machines with new software entice me at all.

truncheon5000 said:
I don't have the time or money to get to into all three consoles as well as handhelds/mobile phone/ipod touch and PC nor does the thought of existing to feed a menagerie of hungry machines with new software entice me at all.

Who says you need to feed them constantly? I've got maybe 5 games for the Xbox, 4 games for the PS3 and 6 games for the Wii, because my little brother likes to play Super Mario games too. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod