Destiny - an official thread of people talking about Destiny

I don't like returning my games, because then I get less than what I paid for. So, I'll probably be playing Twilight Princess soon. This just feels like another FPS game to me.

So I heard this game has repetitive quests, doesn't feel very MMO like and is more akin to Dead Island. True or not true?

I almost ran out and bought it until I heard that. (And by ran out and bought it I meant order it on Amazon the other day with 1 day shipping while extremely nerdy 18 year olds waited in line at Gamestop over night.)

Quests are repetitive. Lots of areas to explore, but the main goal is basically taking your Ghost and use him for something and while defending him. Never played Dead Island though.

Five hundred million in development and they don't have multiple tasks to accomplish?

STALKER was made for a million dollars by drunken Slavs and and even it had multiple quest lines.

I don't know how to explain Destiny. The missions are repetitive and most of the time if not always ends with you defending your Ghost. Some bosses are a pain in the ass, specially when you have minions running around attacking you. Not only that, your ranking level determines whether you're going to breeze pass the missions or not. Also, you have to keep traveling to The Tower and speaking with your mentor in order to gain more missions.

Briefly saw the footage on Twitch of Daniel and UghRochester playing Destiny. It reminded me a lot of Borderlands. Looked pretty and kinda fun, but I dunno.

Master_Craig said:
Briefly saw the footage on Twitch of Daniel and UghRochester playing Destiny. It reminded me a lot of Borderlands. Looked pretty and kinda fun, but I dunno.
Did you watch my stream or Dan's? I quit playing after our fireteam kept dying from this massive creature.

I enjoy exploring and finding random stuff so far online is eh because i don't have any really cool weapons yet

Lethean said:
So I heard this game has repetitive quests, doesn't feel very MMO like and is more akin to Dead Island. True or not true?

I almost ran out and bought it until I heard that. (And by ran out and bought it I meant order it on Amazon the other day with 1 day shipping while extremely nerdy 18 year olds waited in line at Gamestop over night.)

Pretty sure Dead Island is bigger and has more varied quests lol

UghRochester said:
Master_Craig said:
Did you watch my stream or Dan's? I quit playing after our fireteam kept dying from this massive creature.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's I watched, but I'm guessing Daniel's? I clicked on the Twitch link here at GameRevolution. I only watched for a few minutes though (I was at work at the time). It looked like you guys were fighting a big boss. Must be this "massive creature" you're talking about?

drathbone said:
Lethean said:

Pretty sure Dead Island is bigger and has more varied quests lol

This sounds like something I would be very disappointed in.

I picked up Destiny today for PS4. Decided to buy it because I saw it priced for $67 AUD (about $61 USD) which I thought was very reasonable. Normally new release games here in Australia are at least $89 AUD ($81 USD).

Won't be able to play it until this Saturday though but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Never was interested in this game, I think I might fire up Halo 1 with a friend and have more fun. In fact I'm sure of it :)

Green_Lantern said:
This is turning into the official thread of Ugh bitching about destiny.
Let me just put it this way. If you enjoyed the beta, that's good. You'll probably enjoy this game. However, this game doesn't deserve the hype it gets. To me, it's an FPS game where you have to get it at first start, because if you try leveling up with all those other high ranks a year later from now, you'll be stressed and bored of the game, I'm bored of the game, because there isn't much weapon choices. Although it is challenging that many enemies don't drop weapons and ammo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle