Duke Quit!?!?

HK-47 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
UghRochester said:
Duke must be making his final manifesto completely epic.

So epic in fact it won't come.

Would it be like Duke Nukem Forever?

More like censorship. Why would Crave allow a most likely scathing final editorial from a guy they fired? They don't owe duke anything.

Whole website is a joke, another stupid IGN copy, no where left for honest, independent reviews that aren't driven by huge splash ads and shit. Even the manifesto has become a advert section disguised as posts.

with each passing week, I'm starting to doubt more and more that this will be happening. Oh well. I really looked forward to seeing his thoughts on the site and where it has been since its creation.

Wow that’s some serious shit. I was reading through the responses and it really bothered me. And what I'm going to say next is not going to win me any applause but its got to be said. Duke made this place what it is, and unfortunately he also sold it out. I'm not sure who Crave is but I'm assuming they bought GR after Bolt, or that they bought out Bolt. There was opposition to selling the company from core members. By keeping GR run by the same guys that created it you knew it wasn't going to be corrupted by the same type of people that run sites like IGN. That was one of the great things about Game Revolution. When control was turned over to someone that probably never even played video games the websites downfall was inevitable. Or at least Dukes was in this case.
Don't get me wrong I'm angry at whatever the reason was for his termination. But if it had anything to do with reviewing or not reviewing a video game a certain way I'd encourage Duke or someone to please start a credible website that I can go to get my unbiased news about videogames. You can call it... A Revolution?

(Hey at least all the advertisement revenue bought us some flashy new.... well advertisements)

First off, hello Moses, long time dude.

Second, I have a feeling this was more about the design of the website than the content of it, mainly because the reviews for the most part, with some exception, have been spot on.

hey buddy!

If it were about design I sure hope Duke wasn't fighting for more advertisements :wink: Either way I'd be very interested in that manifesto

Prelude to a crappy decade, anyone?

'Tis a sad day, ladies and gentlemen. A sad, sad day.

Duke,

From all of us who have used the site over the years free and clear because of your hard work: Thank you. Really.

Thank you for constantly standing up to Jack - that was funny stuff. Especially the shark picture. I ask you, former GRians: does it really get any better than a stick figure drawing of Jack Thompson being eaten by a shark? No, no it does not.

Thanks for being an underdog to look up to, man!

Good luck with your future endeavors, Duke! We'll be followin' ya. And yes, I meant that in a creepy way.

-Z

Re: Prelude to a crappy decade, anyone?

GRZorak said:
'Tis a sad day, ladies and gentlemen. A sad, sad day.

Duke,

From all of us who have used the site over the years free and clear because of your hard work: Thank you. Really.

Thank you for constantly standing up to Jack - that was funny stuff. Especially the shark picture. I ask you, former GRians: does it really get any better than a stick figure drawing of Jack Thompson being eaten by a shark? No, no it does not.

Thanks for being an underdog to look up to, man!

Good luck with your future endeavors, Duke! We'll be followin' ya. And yes, I meant that in a creepy way.

-Z
Zorak, get back in the chatroom, 'tis not the same without you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod