Duke Quit!?!?

StalfrosCC said:
Joeblow and Joe D: This place started going way down hill after you guys left. Duke being ousted is kind of the coup de grí¢ce.

GR may still exist in name, but it is dead in spirit.

Do I really gotta be the asshole who says things felt a bit... different, when Johny Liu left?

Yeah, Johnny Liu. After Ben's departure I was convinced that nothing else would impact a change, but Johnny was a favorite of mine, too. He was missed as soon as he left.
Though I felt good about Johnny going off to EGM because I was a long-time reader, and I hoped he'd join the EGM review crew at some point.

But it wasn't meant to be. A letter bashing one of Johnny's first EGM articles was printed in the letters section... I sent in five complimenting the article as a response.

So, yeah, I agree.

ever since crave bought out gr, much of the fun and humor has disappeared. you still find it from time to time, but gr's golden days are gone. never again will we have a review like survivor or the crow city of angels.

Remember when they changed the fucking colors and we all told ourselves we liked it better in some ways?

I want Chatterzone colors back.

EDIT: The rest of this message was filled with anger directed at CraveOnline, but I'm just not going to bother. This isn't the place I guess.

-FCM- said:
Remember when they changed the f****** colors and we all told ourselves we liked it better in some ways?

I want Chatterzone colors back.

EDIT: The rest of this message was filled with anger directed at CraveOnline, but I'm just not going to bother. This isn't the place I guess.
I remember saying something along the lines of "the new layout is good, but the colors are fucking retarded."

And then they went and fucked the layout up. There's no redeeming factors no more.

And this is as good a place as any to vent about this shit. Go ahead.

One thing I don't get is the lack of any kind of link to GR on Crave's website. At the bottom of their site there are links to the many sites that are part of the CraveOnline family (Action Trip, Sherdog, etc) but no link to GR anywhere.

Am I missing something? Has it always been like this?

Anyone notice how the manifesto has turned into a system of plugging new games (but not in a good way)? I've seen like 6 or so for Halo Reach in the past 3 days.

It's better than like it was at the beginning: Duke posting something random once a week if we were lucky. The Manifesto keeps the front page current, at least.

Seems like that intern daniel jackoff runs the manifesto now. He posts every single new game vid he can find with some lame joke or stupid question attached. It kills me seeing the manifesto so clogged with rubbish. It used to be really what kept me checking GR routinely.

truncheon5000 said:
Seems like that intern daniel jackoff runs the manifesto now. He posts every single new game vid he can find with some lame joke or stupid question attached. It kills me seeing the manifesto so clogged with rubbish. It used to be really what kept me checking GR routinely.
I agree with this. I'd rather have a handful of good articles than every little piece of shit that gets posted now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod