Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doom

• Both Suck

• Total voters

Bazooka56

Rookie
Remember these to alien fighting classic games? Well which one is better? I played Duke Nukem 3D when i was 5 years old but i liked Doom more...I think i will go with Doom.

I'll go with Doom, but from what I can remember it wasn't an alien fighting game, it was daemons from hell coming to Earth and you had to stop them.
Duke Nukem I always found boring though, granted the new one finally looks to be coming out but I'll give it a meh since it looks mediocre.

the new duke nukem coming out hahaha ive been hearing that for ten years now, its never gonna happne its an industry joke at this point

I know Doom is a pioneer in the legacy of gaming, but I never found it to be too fun. I did enjoy playing playing Castle Wolfenstein and Doom a bit when i was a kid, but that was mostly because my dad played them with me and that made it a cool experience.

But, not much bests Duke Nukem 64's co-op. I vote for Duke.

jivesc00ter said:
the new duke nukem coming out hahaha ive been hearing that for ten years now, its never gonna happne its an industry joke at this point

Yeah well i have to say Duke nukem, despite the duke nukem forever is probly not coming out for about 6 more years, heck screw that 9 :p

jivesc00ter said:

So I take it you haven't seen this gameplay footage then? http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53010

Get your facts straight before you say anything :p.

As for which game is better...I'm not sure. I'd have to say Doom. It had two great FPS entries whereas Duke Nukem only had one and while it came out a few years later to have new game play features, it felt more repetitive to me than Doom. Granted, that could have been due to me being older than 8-10 like I was when I played Doom, or the fact I used god mode so I could just run and gun without worrying at all heh,

Lethean said:
jivesc00ter said:

So I take it you haven't seen this gameplay footage then? http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53010

hahaha you know you can see game fottage of it from ten years ago right? it was sappposed to come out to promote some new intel proccesor in the 90's and to even argue the point that this game is not an industry joke just play no more heros. come back when you know your facts

To be fair, until the gameplay footage actually did show itself it was still a joke.

And even WITH gameplay footage it still might be delayed.

jivesc00ter said:
Lethean said:
jivesc00ter said:

hahaha you know you can see game fottage of it from ten years ago right? it was sappposed to come out to promote some new intel proccesor in the 90's and to even argue the point that this game is not an industry joke just play no more heros. come back when you know your facts
If I'm pointing gameplay footage from this year, then how do I not know my facts? >_>.

And yeah it's a joke in how long it's taking but to say it's never coming out, they're nowhere near done, when they obviously are making progress is just stupid.

"groovie!" "Hail to the king baby!" "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick a**!"
Yeah it may be a cheesy ripoff of cult movies but darn it! Duke rocks.

Plus boobies so extra points

I do remember having a lot of fun with Duke 3D as a kid. I don't know if I'll ever get the same joy out of Forever...i'm not as immature as I was when it was first annouced.

Hmmm. I played the hell out of Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, but I think Duke might barely come out on top. And I doubt there will ever be another game released in these series as good as either of these games, what with all the emphasis on storytelling and realism in games these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod