did anyone else...

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by NickKmet, May 27, 2008.

?

What did you think of Uwe Boll's interview?

1. I thought he didn't sound like a moron for once.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I thought he was as retarded as always.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I love Uwe Boll.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. There's a gaming news section on GR?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JCD

JCD Regular

But it's much the same thing. The whole idea of this bandwagon is that it's now considered cool to hate Uwe Boll regardless of whether or not you've seen his films. I really hope he continues to make movies, since he's at least realistic about it.

2. maca2kx

maca2kx Rookie

The only thread between what I was saying and what you're saying is that both involve criticisms. Of course a person should have experienced whatever it is they're criticising before criticising it but DWDC didn't say that, he said a person should have made a film before criticising one. Such a thing is unreasonable and not required. Most people are perfectly capable of saying a game sucks without having attempted to make one of their own and the same goes for films, music and so on. Obviously having a background in the medium alters ones perspective and so I'm sure Spielberg would have a different take on (for example) Fight Club than a film critic would but should the critic's opinion be ignored? No. We're all capable of assessing what we like and don't like, perhaps those 'in the biz' have more of an opinion because they can both decide if they like something on a personal level and if it's technically and artistically accomplished. This doesn't devalue the influence of my opinion though perhaps does increase the influence of theirs.

Sam