did anyone else...

What did you think of Uwe Boll's interview?

• I thought he didn't sound like a moron for once.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I thought he was as retarded as always.

• I love Uwe Boll.

• There's a gaming news section on GR?

• Total voters
maca2kx said:
JCD said:
maca2kx said:
downwitdaclown69 said:
i think its a fuckin bandwagon to hate on this guy. Only if 98% of the nerds bitching would get off there ass and make there own movies. then and only then, could they b****.

I've got to agree with axleblaze. Saying someone can only criticise once they have fulfilled a particular criteria is a petty defence at best, especially with a media so culturally penetrating as film. So the public at large are allowed to watch a film but not allowed to point out why it sucks? Or excels? Maybe censorship's ok with you, I don't know.

Sam
Think of it this way, as mentioned in the interview, how many of the idiots who throw pathetic insults at Uwe have actually seen his movies? Very few I'd argue. It's fine to have an opinion on something, but only if you can back up that opinion with some form of substance.

Clearly, but that's not what DWDC said and it's not what I was refuting.

Sam
But it's much the same thing. The whole idea of this bandwagon is that it's now considered cool to hate Uwe Boll regardless of whether or not you've seen his films. I really hope he continues to make movies, since he's at least realistic about it.

JCD said:
maca2kx said:
JCD said:
maca2kx said:
downwitdaclown69 said:
i think its a fuckin bandwagon to hate on this guy. Only if 98% of the nerds bitching would get off there ass and make there own movies. then and only then, could they b****.

I've got to agree with axleblaze. Saying someone can only criticise once they have fulfilled a particular criteria is a petty defence at best, especially with a media so culturally penetrating as film. So the public at large are allowed to watch a film but not allowed to point out why it sucks? Or excels? Maybe censorship's ok with you, I don't know.

Sam
Think of it this way, as mentioned in the interview, how many of the idiots who throw pathetic insults at Uwe have actually seen his movies? Very few I'd argue. It's fine to have an opinion on something, but only if you can back up that opinion with some form of substance.

Clearly, but that's not what DWDC said and it's not what I was refuting.

Sam
But it's much the same thing. The whole idea of this bandwagon is that it's now considered cool to hate Uwe Boll regardless of whether or not you've seen his films. I really hope he continues to make movies, since he's at least realistic about it.

The only thread between what I was saying and what you're saying is that both involve criticisms. Of course a person should have experienced whatever it is they're criticising before criticising it but DWDC didn't say that, he said a person should have made a film before criticising one. Such a thing is unreasonable and not required. Most people are perfectly capable of saying a game sucks without having attempted to make one of their own and the same goes for films, music and so on. Obviously having a background in the medium alters ones perspective and so I'm sure Spielberg would have a different take on (for example) Fight Club than a film critic would but should the critic's opinion be ignored? No. We're all capable of assessing what we like and don't like, perhaps those 'in the biz' have more of an opinion because they can both decide if they like something on a personal level and if it's technically and artistically accomplished. This doesn't devalue the influence of my opinion though perhaps does increase the influence of theirs.

Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod