Dante is back! ...er...well...not realy

WickedLiquid

Regular
I dunno if this is old news to most of you but I didn't see a thread about it.

A new DMC game is in the works and Dante has had a bit of a make-over...

DMCConcept.jpg

Thoughts?

It'll be nice to see a new Devil May Twilight game. I dunno, I was never a big fan of the series. I could pick them up and play them for awhile, but the series never really hooked me.

At 6'2" though, that's one lurpy anit-hero.

Devil May Cry 4 was the series ruiner. This, however, looks awesome (wait... so did dmc4). Ninja Theory developing it is pretty sweet though. Here's hoping they use more than one death metal song throughout the entire game...

Well, I suppose the 2nd ruined it. but it certainly bounced back in 3.

Anyway, I like the look of his sword. And the fact that it transfers into a chain whip thingy. I hope that'll be part of the gameplay!
Since it's grabby, I wonder if that'll become a similar aspect to Nero's "demon arm" resulting in similar gameplay too.

I liked the trailer. It's about time Dante took up smoking! If you can't die then why the hell wouldn't you smoke? LOL

I made a thread about it when it was announced, as part of the Capcom Tokyo Games Show, and it looks even worse since then.

Man, that was still the worst TGS ever.

crazycracker22 said:
Also, no boobie strap. That is always a plus.
This

And i don't know, he now looks like a dude that can walk around downtown and NOT get beaten up for indecency. Now he'll just get beaten up JUST for looking like a wimp. So... yeah i dig the new look i guess...

There was a thread, but it was in that odd "News" forum, so I don't blame you for missing it.

The look is kinda growing on me. I just don't like the explanation behind it.

For me, the look is too "High School Angst." Whereas previous Dante was CRAZY! and it showed.

Also, the new Dante looks exactly like the head designer of Ninja Theory. I mean a fucking mirror image.

Longo_2_guns said:
I made a thread about it when it was announced, as part of the Capcom Tokyo Games Show, and it looks even worse since then.

Man, that was still the worst TGS ever.

Ah, so you did, my bad. I skimmed both this forum and the News forum but didn't see Dante in any titles. It should've occurred to me that he could've been mentioned in a thread with Capcom in the title. :?

But anyways, I'm open to a new look. I mean every big name goes through a drastic change now and then.

N64 Link to Windwaker Link
Solid Snake to Old Geezer snake
SNES Ryu and Ken to Steriod overdose Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter 4
FFX Yuna and Rikku to Katy Perry's California Girls in X2
etc

btw, etc is a great word to use when you can't think of anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod