DMC Devil May Cry

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
550w_gaming_dmc.jpg

Not the official topic yet, since no details are out. But the new look for DMC is receiving lots of mixed emotions! It's always been a series where you love it or hate it.

I personally love it...and this new Devil May Cry looks, to me, like it'll be fucking awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2AxPo_ ... plpp_video

The series needs a change I think, it was getting a little old. Some people are complaining the gameplay looks slower, but it doesnt have to be the fastest gameplay to impress me - it looks damn fine. Suuuure he looks a bit like R Patz (Team Jacob ftw), but it is a cool character design nonetheless.

What do you guys think?

I think it looks fairly wicked, I don't know what the gripers are on about. I guess its because, "OH GODZ NOEZ WE'Z CANT MAKE VIRGIL/DANTE /D PRON ANYMORE FAIL" or whatever.

Edit: Had to make that a quick post, I had to run off to do something. I like the new character design, honestly. It makes Dante look more... natural? As in, human, but a human who has had a hard life. The combat does indeed look slower but more precise, and some of the moves look amazing.

I'm pretty excited about it, so we'll see how good it is when it releases.

NecroWolf said:
I think it looks fairly wicked, I don't know what the gripers are on about. I guess its because, "OH GODZ NOEZ WE'Z CANT MAKE VIRGIL/DANTE /D PRON ANYMORE FAIL" or whatever.

Edit: Had to make that a quick post, I had to run off to do something. I like the new character design, honestly. It makes Dante look more... natural? As in, human, but a human who has had a hard life. The combat does indeed look slower but more precise, and some of the moves look amazing.

I'm pretty excited about it, so we'll see how good it is when it releases.

He's not a fucking human.
It's not that the gameplay looks slower, it just looks like...more of the same. Which, after DMC4, I don't want.

I didn't even want a DMC4. Hope you all enjoy Heavenly Devil May Sword.

I like the look and feel of it, but I don't like this character. He isn't even close to being as badass as Dante. Not too sure why. Maybe the hair? Either way.

This current generation needs a Devil May Cry game.

A good Devil May Cry game

Rakon said:
I like the look and feel of it, but I don't like this character. He isn't even close to being as badass as Dante. Not too sure why. Maybe the hair? Either way.

Maybe because he looks like a character cooked up for a teenage vampire-werewolf romance novel.

I love it, I think it looks wicked. The story was getting ridiculous. There's a youtube vid connected to the one above where they interview the guy making it, and it sounds immensly interesting.

All you haters - if this was a COMPLETELY new game, not connecting one drip to the name Devil May Cry but was called "Awesome Man" or something...I bet you'd think it looks awesome.

Just because Dante isnt in it...and I'm a big fan of that character - dont get me wrong. But dont shun a game on character change alone!

MattAY said:
I love it, I think it looks wicked. The story was getting ridiculous. There's a youtube vid connected to the one above where they interview the guy making it, and it sounds immensly interesting.

All you haters - if this was a COMPLETELY new game, not connecting one drip to the name Devil May Cry but was called "Awesome Man" or something...I bet you'd think it looks awesome.

Just because Dante isnt in it...and I'm a big fan of that character - dont get me wrong. But dont shun a game on character change alone!

That IS Dante. Is the fact that they changed Dante into some emo dude from Twilight.
That's exactly why I'm shunning the game. I think the gameplay looks fine, but this is not the DMC I know and love.

What if they made a Zelda reboot and it was Zac Effron?

I kinda thought the original Dante's white hair looked kinda lame, he looked... like something out of a comic book. Oh, and he looked way more "Twilight" than this Dante. Nice statuesque figure, big biceps, white styled hair, dashing smile, rogue-like charm... yep, teenage dream. So I can't really see that argument. That's just me though.

NecroWolf said:
I kinda thought the original Dante's white hair looked kinda lame, he looked... like something out of a comic book. Oh, and he looked way more "Twilight" than this Dante. Nice statuesque figure, big biceps, white styled hair, dashing smile, rogue-like charm... yep, teenage dream. So I can't really see that argument. That's just me though.

He looked like a Resident Evil character that would probably make a guest appearance in Onimusha.

That is a good description also, but hey, if you don't like the new Dante s'cool. We're all allowed our own opinions, at least, last I checked... we are still allowed our own opinions right? O.O

I'm not getting the Twilight crap that everybody is throwing around. First off, Twilight vamps are sparkly and a bunch of rich preppies. This dude looks like he gets his hot meals from a soup line and his cold meals from a garbage can.

Second, DMC games suck. All of them.

My work here is done.

Bayonetta certainly raised my interest level for the Japanese action game where Devil May Cry never really could. I'll certainly check it out if my time with Enslaved is enjoyed.

I played DMC2, loved it. I just considered it an "one & done" experience, never paid heed to the fact that there was a game before it, or any after it.

Someone comes up to me and says DMC, and they aren't talking about 2, I just ignore them.

So really, I have nothing to contribute here. I just wanted people to know that I played DMC2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod