Daily Ting

Today's Ting #22

Sunday said:
Without a second thought, think of a name for a new song. What did you come up with? - Ting
HK-47 will choose the next ting.

"Shoe on a Lamppost"

The hell?

"Dip's real nice"

I was eating some veggies with some chickpea tapenade. Or simply chickpea hummus.

Funky hip-hop?

Played some Contraption Maker. Tried actually building one instead of just playing puzzles. Didn't get very far.

Hahaha We're totally ready to make a concept album:

All aboard the "Majestic Cruise" where the "Dip's Real Nice." "Hope Flarts" don't ruin our night, so "Let's Get Busy in the Bath Tub" just in case. SIDE TWO begins with "Squeaky Clean," and while getting dressed, I discovered my "Shoe on a Lamppost." What a night!

1991, the year of grunge and the best shoegaze album ever. And apparently math rock.

1. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (Shoegaze, Noise Pop)
2. Nirvana - Nevermind (Grunge, Alternative Rock)
3. Slint - Spiderland (Math Rock, Post-Rock, Post-Hardcore)

Sadly, Pearl Jam's Ten was 6th. Gotta listen to Spiderland later but MBV's Loveless is amazing, in particular Only Shallow, When You Sleep and Blown A Wish. Nevermind has the first half and Drain You as some of their best stuff.

Sorry, HK, but I had to use wikipedia and YouTube for this one. That site is rated by users and doesn't have the full songs.

For 1991, I got:

Nirvana – Nevermind
Listened to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Breed"

Pearl Jam – Ten
Listened to "Even Flow" and "Black"

My Bloody Valentine – Loveless
Struggled through "Loomer" and "Touched"

Was glad to see Nirvana and Pearl Jam, but MBV is not my jam.

It's cool, one should use Youtube if they don't have the songs on their portable music box. And Ting's way is probably the way to go.

By Wiki, Pearl Jam's Ten rounds it out: Black, Garden and Jeremy.

Wikipedia doesn't even give a rank of albums for some reason, just top albums arranged by release date. This is what I gathered from the opening paragraph:

'87
#1. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet ("Without Love" and "Wild in the Streets").... Ugh. I have to admit: I cut these off after fifteen seconds.
#1. Michael Jackson - Bad ("Bad," of course, and "Speed Demon")
#2. Whitney Houston - Whitney ("So Emotional" and "Didn't We Almost Have it All")

I find it really hard to believe Bon Jovi topped Michael Jackson. In fact, I call BS.

'81
Rush - Moving Pictures (Tom Sawyer, Limelight)
The Wipers - Youth of America (Taking Too Long, When It's Over)
Kraftwerk - Computerwelt (Computerwelt, Its Fun to Compute)

This was the most diverse album picks I could imagine. Progressive to Punk to Electronic. I enjoyed it all.

Today's Ting #24

Tuesday said:
Go Outside and shout and the top of your lungs. DONT HOLD BACK! Could be a quick half second explosion or a prolonged scream. - UrbanMasque
used44 will choose the next ting.

used44 said:
Read it too fast. Screamed "DON'T HOLD BACK!" at my neighbor.
CRN6ITdWoAAzj9-.jpg

I sometimes shout at the kids when I'm coaching judo. There's like over twenty kids and sometimes to get 'em to hear me, I gotta make my voice louder than their combined twenty. I hope that counts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011