Daily Ting

Today's Ting #25

Wednesday said:
Show us the most recent thing you ordered from Amazon (or equivalent online retailer) and give a short product review. - used44
Bretimus_v2 will choose the next ting.

I bought D3: Reaper of Souls for PC off eBay. It was half-off, new in-box. I was compelled to get it because the last-gen versions of the game aren't getting the new updates, so playing on PS3 is getting dull. My brothers all have it on PS4, and although I still can't play with them, I at least don't feel like I'm missing out anymore.

Gr8 m8, I r8 8/8.

I just bought an AC power adapter for my laptop. It hasn't arrived yet.

The item before that was The Witcher 3. I'm satisfied with my purchase. I was captivated by its story, although I doubt I played even a quarter of it. It's just hard to stay on one game since there are several in my collection I haven't finished.

148229-L-LO.jpg

I pre-ordered this from JB Hi-Fi, Australia's equivalent of America's Best Buy.

I got it 'cuz it was $25 AUD ($18 USD) and on special for online pre-order only. Regular retail will price between $30 - $40 AUD. I got a Blu-Ray copy because I watch most of my movies on my PS4, and it came with a digital version that I can put on my iPad, which is great for travel, especially since I'm going overseas at the end of the year.

Jurassic World is a fun, exciting movie with some smart humor and questionable high heel running scenes. If you're a fan of Jurassic Park, do yourself a favour and watch the movie.

swi01_main.png

Star Wars: Imperial Assault!

Do you like table top RPGs but not all of the prep time? Do you like the stories of Star Wars? Do you like working together with friends to co-op a win? Then this game has it all when it comes to your very specific tastes. I've really enjoyed this game so far and there is a cool choose your own adventure element that runs through it. You play several missions and slowly build an event deck based on whether you beat the mission or not, the characters you choose and random selection too. The mechanics are based on the Descent system and in my opinion have been vastly improved upon. The figurines are cool too. Also they have the campaign as well as versus. My one gripe is that there are tons of non-necessary add-one with other figurines and charters.

My brother bought that early this summer and we played the tutorial mission a few times. We haven't touched it since then, sadly. Hopefully this winter will provide more time for tabletop games!

Latest thing I got was a displate, basically a metal plate with a graphic wrapped round the edges and stuck onto the wall with an adhesive-backed magnet.

https://displate.com/displate/99966/cha ... il-may-cry

It's sitting proud above my computer. Looks lush, but I dont like it standing off from the wall (by about 1cm). Think I'd rather have it flush up against it, so will work out a way to do that soon.

XbuL1go.jpg

This cheap stuffed "Robin" bear for my 1-year-old son. He's going as Batman on Halloween and needed a sidekick. It's even cuter in person and the fur parts are very soft and cuddly. There's a whole DC Justice League series of these stuffed animals and I want them all now.

I might post a pic of him in costume around Halloween.

Mice and Mystics you don't even need one player to run the board, right? Like in the Imperial Assault campaign, one player has to run the Imperial side against the party of heroes, but in Mice and Mystics, all players are in the party? If so, that sounds better to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex