Community Choice Game of the Year Showdown!

danielrbischoff said:
used44 said:
Is there enough time for one matchup every two days? Will this be completed by the end of the month?
Dammit used. Why do you also have to be a voice of reason and logic?! Why can't you just post endlessly witty one-liners?!

So sorry! Just wonderin

No, Used is right. And if the other one is any indicator, there won't be much/any decisive voting in the next 24 hours.

Round 3!

Dark-Souls.jpg

Dark Souls

VS

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
deus-ex-human-revolution.jpg

This is the most unfair round. Both of these games are GOTY contenders, but since it's been set up this way you get this problem.

Yeah, shenanigans.

Dark Souls.

Longo_2_guns said:
This is the most unfair round. Both of these games are GOTY contenders, but since it's been set up this way you get this problem.

Yeah, shenanigans.

Dark Souls.

Honestly gripes like this are dumb. Isn't the point of this voting that all of the games in the list are GOTY contenders? Since this is a GOTY contest then all of the games in it are GOTY contenders.

And really does each round really matter? As long as the best game is selected (gets the most votes) as GOTY. This isn't a contest where we care about 2nd or runners up. That might be just my take though.

Dark Souls

Not every game will be a GOTY contender... MW3 isn't and it shows... Popularity should not a GOTY winner make. If it does the we ALL know who is the most popular (read:addictive) game out right now...

I mean, like, big name, actually likely to win contenders.

Bastion, MW3, BF3, Saints Row 3, games like these are damn good to amazing games that deserve a shot, but are underdogs since best game they are not. By setting games up like this, you rob a bit of the fairness of the competition.

Also, I nominated both these games. What the hell is up with that?

Never played Dark Souls so my vote goes to Deus Ex!
Only thing I didn't like in Deus Ex are the unnecessary boss battles, other then that I had a blast playing through it!

Although I won't be able to play my Collector's Edition until the 18th, all I can say is:
Prepare to die!!!!!

So yeah, Dark Souls.

Longo_2_guns said:
I mean, like, big name, actually likely to win contenders.

Bastion, MW3, BF3, Saints Row 3, games like these are damn good to amazing games that deserve a shot, but are underdogs since best game they are not. By setting games up like this, you rob a bit of the fairness of the competition.

Yeah maybe I mistook your post a bit, but I still feel any match up is fair-game and there are no "unfair" rounds. Whichever game is most popular will probably win in the end. Which is what this contest is basically

Longo_2_guns said:
Also, I nominated both these games. What the hell is up with that?

This though is obviously conspiracy!

Dark Souls. I loved Deus Ex and finished it while hiding from Irene (surprised the power didn't go out), but the pacing was wonky and the ending setup felt rushed.

Dark Souls on the other hand is one of the most absorbing games I've ever played. Every time I head through an area I find another cool little hidden surprise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod