Community Choice Game of the Year Showdown!

Portal 2

Portal 2 gave you a concentrated burst of excellence that lasted me a good 10-12 hours. The single-player and mulit-player elements were both immensely enjoyable whilst they lasted and the robot characters left their mark on me.

Skyrim's world leaves me feeling a bit disconnected - the adventuring, combat and levelling up is tremendously addictive but there's definately huge gaps where the action flat-lines and I don't know how many of my 80+ gameplay hours i actually spent fast-travelling to whiterun to offload crap loot...

Portal 2 for me!

This post isn't going to matter, but I'm saying it anyways. I was looking at the previous pages and saw Bastion vs Batman: Arkham City. I just downloaded Bastion yesterday and would have to say Bastion is a great game. If I would have played it earlier, I would probably have voted for Bastion instead of Batman: AC. Both games are great, but I feel Bastion (even though it's an arcade title) has great narration so far.

UghRochester said:
This post isn't going to matter, but I'm saying it anyways. I was looking at the previous pages and saw Bastion vs Batman: Arkham City. I just downloaded Bastion yesterday and would have to say Bastion is a great game. If I would have played it earlier, I would probably have voted for Bastion instead of Batman: AC. Both games are great, but I feel Bastion (even though it's an arcade title) has great narration so far.

True That. Just played Bastion for the first time today, going to take it home and play over Christmas, so far a fantastic title.

I missed the damn sale! I even got 800ms points from MS as a gift for renewing XBL and Was gonna buy bastion with it.

I digress. Gonna have to go with Skyrim. Simply put, I got portal with gamefly, beat it in a day and returned it. I don't have anybody to play 2 player with so I missed that whole portion. Skyrim is a must buy to fully enjoy.

Crap, this is hardest choice thus far.. I mean I love me some cake but I think I'm gonna have to choose Skyrim. Sorry Valve, I still love you!

Atlus and Peabody fired portals all around Tamriel and sent the dragons of Skyrim flying straight into a wall where they smooshed flat all comically and then slid down the wall and landed on the ground where Dovahkiin was and he killed them the end.

WHAT AN UPSET! FOR SCIENCE!

Everyone gets two votes in this final round! You can use them as you see fit, giving them to one game or voting once for two games.

batmanarkhamcity1.jpg

Batman: Arkham City

VS

dark-souls-area-1.jpg

Dark Souls

VS

portal2-coop.jpg

Portal 2

GO!
Remember, everyone gets two votes to use in this FINAL ROUND!

Pretty glad Portal won that round even against my own vote for Skyrim. =) I thought Portal to be the underdog and I always like it when the underdog wins(even if I didn't vote for it)

That said Portal 2 has both my votes this time.

I'm glad Portal 2 won that over Skyrim. Even if it isn't as big, it's a much better made game. That said, to call it GOTY? It's short and lacks the replayability that even Portal 1 had.

Really, since this is a year of sequels, you have to look at which games truly went above and beyond their predecessors. Portal 2, not really. Arkham City and Dark Souls both shine above the previous games, so either of these would be great GOTYs.

But, since I have a reputation to uphold, double for Dark Souls.

danielrbischoff said:
Atlus and Peabody fired portals all around Tamriel and sent the dragons of Skyrim flying straight into a wall where they smooshed flat all comically and then slid down the wall and landed on the ground where Dovahkiin was and he killed them the end.

WHAT AN UPSET! FOR SCIENCE!

Um, wait a second.....My count has Skyrim (16) winning over Portal 2 (12 or 13, can't tell if Bretimus is voting for Portal 2 or not). Am I just counting wrong or did I miss something?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod