Comic Showdown Champions - Batman and The X-Men!!

Lethean said:
Batman
Nova
Tick
Witchblade
The Outsiders
Venom and Carnage

I'm only voting for Venom and Carnage this time for the hell of it. I can't believe Xavier lost to Carnage.

Im going with these, and symbiotes dont even have brains, they connect with who they take over... So if carnage even touches the Proffesor, its game over.

Batman beats down Leonardo 16 to 2
Nova edges past She-Hulk with 10 to 8
The Tick spoons Bucky 16 to 2
V is victorious over Witchblade with 10 to 8

Legion of Doom ties with The Outsiders at 9 to 9. my tie-breaker vote goes to:
The Outsiders!
Venom and Carnage slash down World's Finest 13 to 5.

match 4!

Madman
madman2.jpg

vs

Cable
250px-Cable-promo-image.jpg

Beast
beast.jpg

vs

Cosmic Spider-Man
spiderman_cosmic.jpg

Mr. Freeze
ramondelli_mrfreeze.jpg

vs

Rorschach
watchmen7hv.jpg

Cyclops
cyclops5.jpg

vs

Silver Surfer
silversurfer2.jpg

Heroes for Hire
1793header_banner4389604.jpg

vs

The Ultimates
429px-The_Ultimates_002.jpg

Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense
HellboyBPRD1.jpg

vs

Thunderbolts
new_thunderbolts_1.jpg

Madman
Beast
Rorschach
Silver Surfer

You put both the teams I picked for the showdown against each other, I feel I should be able to give them both a vote.

Thunderbolts

cable - He's the mutant messiah.

Beast - Who's Cosmic Spiderman?

Mr. Freeze - While Rorschach was an impressive character, in the end he was just an intelligent nutcase. Meanwhile Freeze has evolved to become a tragic villain, who is also an incredibly powerful villain. His cameo in Batman Beyond was by far the most impressive iteration of the character.

Silver Surfer - Power Cosmic VS Optic Blast. I go with Herald.

Heroes for Hire - Blake, excellent choices in comics man. Iron Fist was the only comic I actually paid for (until they replaced the writer), and so have to go with my roots.

BPRD - Nova kicked the collective butts of the Thunderbolts. BPRD has Lobster Johnson.

Trippysmurf said:
Heroes for Hire - Blake, excellent choices in comics man. Iron Fist was the only comic I actually paid for (until they replaced the writer), and so have to go with my roots.

Thanks for the compliment. If you haven't read the latest Iron Fist series, do yourself a favor and pick up the first couple of trades. Fraction and Brubaker are doing some insanely awesome stuff with it. It's one of the few comics that I really look forward to each month.

Blake_Morse said:
Thanks for the compliment. If you haven't read the latest Iron Fist series, do yourself a favor and pick up the first couple of trades. Fraction and Brubaker are doing some insanely awesome stuff with it. It's one of the few comics that I really look forward to each month.

Sorry if you read wrong, but I loved the restart of Iron Fist. It is the only comic I actually find worth paying money for, and have all the single issues. I also have the one shot Iron Fist and the Green Mist and the Iron Fist Annual. Fraction and Brubaker were a great team, but now that they are gone, I don't know how well the series will be.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a series based on the adventures of the other immortal weapons. I'd love to see Fat Cobra walking around New York looking for victory wenches or Bride of Nine Spiders meeting Spider-man.

Oh schnap! They aren't doing the new arc?
At any rate, I'm curious to see where whoever is writing it now is going to take it, as it seems like a finite subject.

**the Cosmic Spider-Man and Mr. Freeze pics aren't working**

Madman

Cosmic Spider-Man: It's not even close. I throw Cosmic Spidey in these showdowns almost every year all to the same results. The only fair comparison to a Cosmic Spider-Man would be Superman (and still that's not fair because Cosmic Spidey would destroy him).
He's the most powerful character ever created in Marvel history. But ah well. It's not your week, Cosmic Spidey.

Cosmic Spider-Man's bio (before the suit change; after the suit changed)
http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/1089 ... 9_full.jpg

Mr. Freeze: he's cool

Silver Surfer: he's not a blip on Cosmic Spider-Man's radar, but fine. /disgruntled

The Ultimates

Thunderbolts: Justice Like Lightning

Blake_Morse said:
Oh schnap! They aren't doing the new arc?
At any rate, I'm curious to see where whoever is writing it now is going to take it, as it seems like a finite subject.

The current arc is the Death of the Iron Fist starting with issue #16. The idea is that all Iron Fists die at the age of 33. Danny Rand turns 33 in #16. He also has sex with Misty Knight, who grew back her afro that was oddly missing during the 7 Cities of Heaven arc. The Death arc may be tied to the 8th city arc at the end of the 7 cities arc, but no one is certain yet as they are only on issue 18, which should be coming out this week.

He's the most powerful character ever created in Marvel history. But ah well. It's not your week, Cosmic Spidey.

Dude, that has been retconned so many times since 1990. Currently the Sentry is believed to be the strongest character in the Marvel Universe, excluding, you know, Death, and The Man with the Typewriter.

I gotta do whatever I gotta do to get this guy votes. Trust me, this is all a formality. He's gonna lose (to Beast this year).

Seriously, it's a veritable who's who that he's lost to
Cannonball
Quicksilver
Captain Britain
Sauron
Ultron
Thor's Hammer
Howard the Duck
Harvey Pekar
Daredevil's Billy Club
White Queen
Slapstick
Toad!
dude, he's lost to Lockheed before. Lockheed!

it's a running gag

But at that time, he was the strongest Marvel character ever created. That's true.
was.. is...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod