Breaking News!

maca2kx

Rookie
I've decided to step down as admin.

I probably should have done this sooner than now but I'd always hoped my motivation to come here would return, sadly it hasn't. I don't know whether I've outgrown the boards or vice versa but the feel of the boards has changed for me, the old desire I used to have to visit the GR forums has, not gone, but certainly shrunk a lot.

In truth this won't change much. Daniel has been taking care of admin duties for a long time and Colin does the same sort of thing I used to. The mods can run themselves and the users can, for the most part, stay in line. So in a way this stepping down is symbolic but it's also to avoid becoming a Caesar like figure holding onto power, refusing to let go. I'll come in every now and then but as a regular user, it'd be unfair on you lot to come in once a month, close a few topics and leave so I'll be leaving that to the mods from now on.

So yeah, feel free to comment, I will read it... eventually.

Well, that sucks. Losing an admin. But even worse is to see an Old Skooler leave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBAJZrVp1k ;_;
Changes @ GR.com -- I've hated them all. Well, hate's a strong word. Extremely and deeply disgusted by the changes made @ Game-Revolution.com      ...There.
Though I've been a perennial hater of change around these parts for a long while and it never amounted to nothing, so don't mind me.

Maca never got to be the dickish, douche bag moderator. He never abused his power, at least not to my recollection. Ask any Gr member, it isn't hard to remember those men (kids, really -- weren't we all? ;_; x2) who abused their time with admin rights.
Infamy on our small island was practically part of the charm.

Maca was the rare admin who would forgo the online fame and/or unnecessary drama, mature enough for the position even at a young age.
2j4o9au.gif

Only hoping the next can follow.

so... Nominations for new admins, anyone?
nominating Ugh

hell, now I miss TNO...

Yeah I suppose I have to go about finding an admin. As Maca said, I've been doing a lot of stuff but frankly I don't want to. I'd rather elect administrators from within the community.

This clears up a spot for my triumphant return.

So long Sam. Don't be a stranger.

I for one would like to say thanks. You helped me out a couple of times and you've always been cool. Sorry to see you step down, but we're not losing a mass of posts from you either. Hopefully we'll bring you back sooner or later.

Later, Sam. Your posts are always neutral and insightful. I hope you start coming back more now that you don't have to worry about being an admin to the site. Usually the loss of power relieves stress and makes a place fun for that person again. Well, sometimes anyway. Enjoy your freedom, brother

You will be missed sir....let's look at some of your fine moments:

IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR TEARY MUSIC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDX6f39ZAqY

maca2kx said:
That cut Simsy, that cut deep.

Sam

maca2kx said:
Yes you read it. Let's get a topic with some intellect,
something the mods can put in the archive so newcomers can see that we're not always drama obsessed nerds, that we have some substance!

Sam

maca2kx said:
/\ Well on the bright side it gives me a headache.

Sam

maca2kx said:
As long as it does its job well, who cares if its technically a lethal weapon?

Well the government probably will.

Sam

maca2kx said:
/\ Nah you're not the only one. I much prefer the 2nd and 5th in the first post over that one.
Having said that I also like Kelly Brook, Lucy Pinder, Keeley and Sophie Howard.

Sam

maca2kx said:

maca2kx said:
Closed.

Sam

:cry: BeEee....StRoNNnnG!

*Slow Clap*

Keep it real, Maca.

By the way, who are the admins? Does JCD still have power? What about FTG and Trippy? Is it only Longo, Mattay and Lethean? Will Used return to former glory? Who watches the Watchmen?

Rakon said:
By the way, who are the admins? Does JCD still have power? What about FTG and Trippy? Is it only Longo, Mattay and Lethean? Will Used return to former glory? Who watches the Watchmen?
Lethean and Daniel, no, yes, technically no but yes, no, me.

If you click "Mods" next to "Moderators" in the main forum, you will find a glorious list.

Of course, you will also find that only 4 of that list are active.

I vote Matt for admin.

Sorry Longo, you know i love you, but you'd end up banning me and ugh for shits and giggles when you're drunk. Or even just for shits and giggles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle