Existential Crisis

We spend too much time dwelling on the past. The past is gone. The greatest gift you have in life is the present. Because right now you can determine your future.

Are you going to be the guy who complains about never fulfilling your destiny. Or are you going to be the guy who goes out there and tries until something happens?

It doesn't matter if you're in your teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's... Right now you have the power to take control of your life.

@maca

Passing on your genes is sort of the minor part of having kids. Look at bret: he's a fantastic guy and will probably raise level headed and intelligent kids who could make a difference. You could too.

Unless you're a communist or fascist, don't teach them that stuff.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Look at bret: he's a fantastic guy and will probably raise level headed and intelligent kids who could make a difference. You could too.

subtle neo-con brainwashing is subtle, like a kick to the balls.

BRING IT, EYEBROWS

Aren't neo-cons the ones that think the matrix is real?

Sorry, chris wants everyone to raise entitled little shits that would sit around and die in case a bomb went off or something. Which totally aren't bret's kids. Your choice.

maca2kx said:
Maybe my life's swimming pool has the waves set just right but however hard I paddle I'm staying in one place, the only way is back or down. Good god that metaphor's tortured, I'll try again;

No its not. Reminds me of an Alan Watts speech. In short, "go with the flow" only when trying to fight against the stream you notice how little progress you're making on your way up stream, but if you relax and let the boat take you - you'll have a great journey. Which is all life is, is a journey. From Birth to the grave. So in a way you're right. We are all just passing time.

A lot of the problem with life and managing your expectations of life is that people strive for things they;ve only half glimpsed. They have an idea of what would make them happy if you ask them, but if you ask people to elaborate on it - it gets fuzzy and their asnwers stay vague.

Maca what would make you happy? What do you want to do, in your gut, that says this is where I want to be right now and in the future - and whats stopping you?

Actually I'm happiest when I'm editing your past posts into declarations of love for me and all British people.

I consider life is like a mystery box. No one knows what is inside until you never open and experience all things inside it........indeed unpredictable.

mysterybox.png

You knew it was coming.

tumblr_me0z9ohKZk1rlzw9do1_500.jpg

Oh sorry I thought we were on boxes.

Maca, Sam, whatever you prefer on here. You know we love ya buddy! And good ole GR will always be good ole GR. Whether it's Eyebrows talking about another man's children or Chris' American propaganda, you can always count on GR as a place to rant about life.

Whatever you do, GR will be there.
...Sounds like a 90's R&B song.

UghRochester said:
maca2kx said:
I want to take off somewhere randomly but I don't know where... and planning kind of defeats the object.!
brb, gotta get Dobby for you.

I have stopped planning. I just book and go different places. Hostels supply maps and really good information on what to see. It's the stress free way to travel. But tips on places to go, maybe I can help if its Europe.

I felt like that maca that's why I quit my job, after saving of course. You must just do what makes you happy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod