Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kijan, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

2. mattimeo48

mattimeo48 Rookie

Dear God, I just came. :shock:

Damnit...anybody have any tissue or paper towel? I can't see my fucking monitor.

3. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

Nice.

I wonder where they'll take the story, and if they'll finally add that multiplayer that the designer said he had cool ideas about, but no time to implement.

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd rather not have multiplayer. That would kinda kill it for me.

5. Rekkie7

Rekkie7 Rookie

I don't see how an added mode could be a bad thing. As long as the single player doesn't suffer as a result then how is adding multiplayer going to kill it?

6. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

Yeah, they said the reason they didn't add it was to prevent the single-player from suffering. So if they honestly believe they can pull it off without hurting the single player campaign, I see no problem with including it.

7. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Really, I feel it would hurt the whole atmosphere of the game. It would take away the feeling that you are the only person who is still sane and turn it into an average military shooter with super powers.

8. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I know what Longo means. Rapture is a lonely world. I don't necessarily want to be controlling a squad of allies, nor do I want to run around in cramped deathmatch, not enjoying the sites and stories of Bioshock.

Multiplayer with everyone having gene splices would be out of control anyway.

9. n00b_f00

n00b_f00 Rookie

I understand that line of reasoning. I simply feel otherwise. Especially if the ideas were as interesting and unique as implied.

I don't think I'd like it it was a simple Death Match with no depth or flair. That'd be too common.

But I'm not put off by the idea of multiplayer in general. Maybe I'm just a man of common tastes.

10. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

No.

NO.

NO!!!!

There is no need for a second one. There is no need to continue the storyline at all. There is no need to ruin such a great game by making it a fucking franchise. NO NEED AT ALL.

11. JCD

JCD Rookie

The more I think about it, the more I'm all for the sequel. If it's as good as the first, fantastic, we've another great game to play. If not, who cares? Just let it die, it'll take nothing away from the original.

12. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

13. WDGameFreak

WDGameFreak Rookie

This game looks pretty sick. Anyone else procrastinating at work and just readin up about it? Ha yeah, that's what i thought. But check this, the company i work for just developed this widget thing just for gamers and gaming websites and stuff. It pretty much lets you rank your favorite weapons from a bunch of different games. It's pretty sick, it even tells you what kinda killer you are. Yours truly a butcher fyi. But hey, check it out if you need a good distraction: www.top10widget.com