[OT] - Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kijan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

PC. Unreal engine doesn't run well on the ps3

2. danielrbischoff

OK guys, I've got the PC version preloading. Now, please provide links to articles that got you excited for this game. I am completely off the hype train, but I want to be mildly excited for the game so I eager play into the wee hours tomorrow night and blast through the game for GR's review.

I'm worried I'm not going to be motivated to finish, so what do you guys suggest in terms of previews, trailers, news that got you excited? Links to said stuff would be appreciated!

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

4. NecroWolf

NecroWolf Regular

I want Bioshock Infinite on Steam so bad, stupid being poor. I can't wait for the review.

5. CloacalKiss

CloacalKiss Rookie

6. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

i wish i wasnt at work all week... i miss being able to play this stuff when it released... :(

7. LawnGnome

LawnGnome Rookie

Mostly rave reviews on Metacritic. Trying to stay away from spoilers, but the consensus seems to be that it manages to get out from under Bioshock's shadow while setting its own benchmark in the development of gaming. Can't wait.

8. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

9. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The reviews for this are making my day at work tomorrow seem about as long as a week.

10. danielrbischoff

35 seconds left of upacking? Don't know what that is. I hope it unlocks now. I'm gonna be so tired, midnight will be too late to start.

11. danielrbischoff

First two hours... amazing! Love setting dudes on fire and watching their flesh melt off so that their skeleton just collapses. Very violent, but lots of fun to play.

12. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

The engine is dx11, It uses up every bit of my vram with textures, sli works(pushes both cards to 100%), New Fxaa for shader model 5 .

This release is a real treat for pc gamers. The game has a interesting art style and is slick at 120fps.

My one gripe, Mouse acceleration. Even when I turned it off and turned my sensitive down, its still a bit high.
    I ended up switching to my xbox360 controller instead. Works great.

13. Ivory_Soul

Ivory_Soul Highly Motivated Test Subject

I just played the first 90 minutes. Fantastic. My heart skipped a beat when the doors opened and Columbia was shown for the first time. I haven't felt that way since I walked out of Vault 101 in Fallout 3. The gunplay is tight and less...boring than BioShock. Some people are saying it's too much like Call of Duty...but who listens to 12 years olds? Apparently, this game is having the same PC issues that Tomb Raider did with the Nvidia drivers. Also, the DirectX 11 visuals are amazing. I am getting an average of 50FPS on a single 5870 on Ultra settings.

I also have to mention that there are already hate threads on Steam about the racism and fanatical religeous overtones. I'm actually glad Irrational has the guts to put this out there despite the liberal (conservative, whatever the f^ck they're called these days) gamers out there and angry 15 year old human rights activists. I hope other developers take a cue and stop balking at the politically incorrect.

14. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Is it still a two gun system like they showed in the early gameplay footage, or did they change that?

15. danielrbischoff

Two gun as in two guns? You have a gun and you have powers on the other hand.

16. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Just came home to my pre-ordered copy, starving like a growling tiger. First thing I did immediately was flip the box cover to the community voted box art. Seriously love how they dealt with that issue. Plus it looks awesome.

17. Ivory_Soul

I didn't even notice that! Thanks for letting us know. I got the Ultimate Songbird Edition and the box that the Songbird Statue came in has the same art on the back of the box. I stuck that on my shelf. I'm looking into buying the art book as well.

18. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

People must not have updated their drivers yesterday. Beta driver fixed everything for me and its been smooth sailing, at max settings.

GeForce 314.22 Driver - 41% faster in BioShock Infinite
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/59641

And the good driver came out the day before game release. So this isn't really like the tomb raider issue.

19. Ivory_Soul

Since I have an ATI card I didn't know that. I was just seeing hundreds of threads on Steam about how "Irrational has sold out and is just like Tomb Raider", "Infinite sucks, game won't run, deleting 4EVAR!". That's all the 12-15 year olds for you who don't know what drivers are. Every time I buy a new PC game I check for a new driver just in case.

Someone actually got so mad about the racism and religious views that they mailed their copy back to Irrational with an angry letter. What the hell is wrong with people? This kind of stuff is what makes developers hold back their creativity and views. Ken Levine has some balls and I hope other people follow in his footsteps.

20. danielrbischoff

My game ran really well before updating the driver....

And then I updated. Where's that gif with the lasers shooting out of the screen?