[OT] - Bioshock Infinite

Thats sounds advice Ivory.

For nvidia users we now have "Geforce experience" You can set it up to not only always check for beta updates but it will also download new game profiles in between driver updates. So if sli isnt working, it will pull a fixed Profile with sli working. No longer having to wait for nvidia to release a whole new driver with the updated profile.

It also checks your system and tells you what settings it think your system can handle but I dont use that part of the program.

Its worth a try to all you nvidia users out there.

As for the race, gender, and religious themes. The game is set in the fucking 1920. Do people not know history?

Hey deez, how did you set up the controller for Bioshock? I'm assuming you also bought through Steam? Mine just keeps flashing a full circle. I installed the driver from microsoft, but now what?

danielrbischoff said:
Hey deez, how did you set up the controller for Bioshock? I'm assuming you also bought through Steam? Mine just keeps flashing a full circle. I installed the driver from microsoft, but now what?

If it's wired, just plug it in and you should be good to go. If it's wireless like mine, you'll need the $12 or so wireless receiver.

danielrbischoff said:
It's a wireless controller, but with the charging USB plugged into the computer? No go? *sad trombone*

LawnGnome is correct. Mine is a usb corded version so i just plug it directly in.

The game works natively with 360 controller though. Soon as your at the start menu, you can just use your controller.

danielrbischoff said:
Two gun as in two guns? You have a gun and you have powers on the other hand.
No, as in only being able to carry two guns on your person at a time. Like, having to drop/pick up guns rather than carrying them all at once.

Seriously immense. I love how detailed everything is. I spend about 5 minutes per room - I dont want to miss anything!

I laughed a few times too, the flip-a-coin couple were pretty funny. Also, the whole founding fathers as religious statues right at the beginning just made me chuckle.

Also, when I got Possession I was like...meh. But when I got Possession Aid, I was like...fuck yes! Definiately my favourite vigor so far, just a shame it uses so much salt.

Longo_2_guns said:
danielrbischoff said:
Two gun as in two guns? You have a gun and you have powers on the other hand.
No, as in only being able to carry two guns on your person at a time. Like, having to drop/pick up guns rather than carrying them all at once.

Its only two guns at a time.

MattAY said:
Also, when I got Possession I was like...meh. But when I got Possession Aid, I was like...fuck yes! Definiately my favourite vigor so far, just a shame it uses so much salt.

I have all my vigor maxed out. Sometimes I will just posses a room one by one. When the vigor runs out the recipient commits suicide. If you charge it up and throw it at a close group. They will all commit suicide together!

I know I should be pointing out more good things but there is another thing that is sorely missing from the first game.
Visually upgraded guns. Yes you can still buy upgrades but in the first game it added physical parts to the gun making them look very cool in some kind of steampunky way. Here it just upgrades how the gun performs.
Very light gripe.

Columbia is beautiful.

My biggest issue is only having checkpoint saves...Why don't all games have the option of saving in the menu? It really doesn't hurt anything.

I just finished the game. Man, that is exactly the kind of ending I wanted. I really enjoy when the ending is mind twisting and trippy as an acid trip.

Sourdeez said:
Dammit, that's what I was afraid of.

I'm sure it's still great, but in terms of making a more well rounded, challenging FPS, more guns is definitely better.

...Maybe I can get it cheap in Hong Kong.

Longo_2_guns said:
Sourdeez said:
Dammit, that's what I was afraid of.

I'm sure it's still great, but in terms of making a more well rounded, challenging FPS, more guns is definitely better.

...Maybe I can get it cheap in Hong Kong.

You can charge or use a vigor in one hand while firing a gun in the other at the same time. Not exactly what you wanted but there is higher difficulty modes.

"You do not need to protect Elizabeth. She can take care of herself".

Thank fuck for that.

Sourdeez said:
You can charge or use a vigor in one hand while firing a gun in the other at the same time. Not exactly what you wanted but there is higher difficulty modes.
The thing is that hard difficulty usually just means you have less hp, enemies have more.

Anyone tried 1999 yet?

1999 adds a Game Over screen if you don't have the money or resources to revive, among other changes but I didn't take the time to figure it all out since I had to rush the review.

danielrbischoff said:
1999 adds a Game Over screen if you don't have the money or resources to revive, among other changes but I didn't take the time to figure it all out since I had to rush the review.

Do an NGR+ Review. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod