Behold the splendor

daverabbit

Rookie
Havent been in the forums in awhile because, well, life I guess. Anywho, I am at my parents place and decided to dig up the old gaming systems. My question is does all this stuff have value and what is the best option to cash in on said value, assuming of course that any of this stuff still works? In those boxes includes playstation one system and games, a multitude of genesis games with their boxes and inserts, dreamcast stuff (yes Shenmue in all its glory), sega saturn stuff. I haven't even looked at it all as I grabbed it literally minutes ago.

I know Daniel has mentioned owning the original systems instead of using emulators so if there is something I find that you would like I will gladly send it to you for whatever GR swag you see fit.

Also, didn't know what forum to throw this into so went with the standard misc, feel free to move me if you so please.

Your "Partner in Kryme" (T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!),

Dave Rabbit

games.jpg

I could be totally wrong, but for the most part, most older stuff like that isn't worth a whole lot....Maybe $30 or so for the Genesis, SNES, etc., maybe a bit more for the Dreamcast, couldn't tell you that one. And a lot of the no name games from back then are usually in the $5 range.

Now if you have a copy of Earthbound for the SNES.......You can go ahead and sent that to me.

Sorry Green, I was one of the few that went the Sega route instead of Nintendo after the original NES. I will gladly take whatever change I can get for this stuff and buy myself a bottle of Jamesons as currently all it does is occupy meaningless space in this universe.

You can't be proud of your classic gaming collection and be asking 'where do I sell this useless junk' in the same topic. Get the f out of here.

If I was proud of it it wouldnt have spent the past dozen years collecting dust. Title was just an attention grabber.

25 bucks, you sir are a scoundrel and a heathen, you have offended my honor. If u weren't a family man I'd have half a mind to challenge you to fisticuffs.

Speaking of old systems, i went to my grandparents house to help them with their laptop (God help me) anyways i saw they still had our old PSX system in one of their room so what did i do.. I booted up FFIX and played it to my hearts content good that system has a lot of good memories, the games i gave them to keep for us were FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, MGS, and I don't remember what else because they keep things very well and I know I will always love these games.

What GL said. The genesis and the SNES are like $30 a piece. The games are best sold with the systems as a bundle because it'll only raise the total price of the collected items.

If the atari is working and really nice condition you could get a bit more for it (again bundled with the games).

Mmmm, that Dreamcast looks delicious. Might take you up on that offer. Those fetch anywhere from $30 to $50 depending on condition and what games you bundle with it, controllers too, etc.

PM SENDING NOW! I'll tell you, getting stuff like this from someone you know (even from the forums) is so much better than buying off ebay.

I meant u guys could have first dibs on something cool u wanted, not take advantage of my generous hospitaliano. I will get around to making an actual list of what's there. I do have some Play n Trade stores around me, so whatever you fools don't snatch up I'll probably just dump off with them.

The sad truth about video games is that they don't make a great investment. Especially now that we can download N64/SNES games onto the Wii and PS1 games onto the PS3. Plus there's also emulation.

The Dreamcast will probably get you the most cash. Anything that's been discontinued is a collector's item to someone on eBay.

That Dreamcast looks awfully tasty... Is it functional? Does it have all the bells and single whistle? Which games?

Ok I'm finally functional from yesterday. Just set up the dreamcast and played a round of Marvel vs Capcom 2. Trying to locate the memory blocks, which may be a challenge. Will update through the day as I sort this out.

Links are you the one who lives in the Poconos? I am not terribly far from there right now. If I'm mistaken then completely disregard.

I'm an ass, the memory block was in the second controller which I hadn't looked at yet. So yeah the DC is fully functional.

Here is the Dreamcast rundown:

-system w/ 2 controllers and a memory block
-Ready 2 Rumble boxing
-DOA2
-MvC2
-RE: Code Veronica, couldnt get disk 2 to load, but its not scratched so maybe it could eventually work with proper care
-Shenmue, couldnt get any disks to load, same as the code veronica issue, didnt really try hard beyond wiping the disk
-Seaman w/ mic
-NFL 2K1
-NBA 2K
-Evil Dead: Hail to the King
-Crazy Taxi
-Soul Calibur
-11 dreamcast demo disks, I didnt bother trying any of these as I am too lazy/hungoer to go through it all

You know these are great games cause I absolutely used Game Revolution to decide what games to buy as much then as I do now.

I am going to do some research before I determine what a fair price would be since I also have no idea how much it would cost to ship it all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle