Apple unveils the....IPHONE 4S...

I've yet to figure out if there is any semblance of actual dislike there. Mostly I think they've just commited to being one another's foils.

Lethean said:
Back on the topic at hand....

Any release date for this POS? I bet it will get sympathy buys.

Avoiding my question? :p

Anyway release date. Hmmm. When’s the funeral? Tacky, but would get sympathy buys.

tinymhg said:
Lethean said:
Back on the topic at hand....

Any release date for this POS? I bet it will get sympathy buys.

Avoiding my question? :p

Anyway release date. Hmmm. When’s the funeral? Tacky, but would get sympathy buys.

Imagine if they knew of Jobs death and they held off on having it reported until the day after the "Let's Talk iPhone" event? Yeah. Not likely but thought I'd throw it out there.

The only reason I would want one is so I can have access to Siri and it's not even available in Canada. Does anyone know if Siri is exclusively an 4S feature or an iOS 5 feature?

DocMoc said:
The only reason I would want one is so I can have access to Siri and it's not even available in Canada. Does anyone know if Siri is exclusively an 4S feature or an iOS 5 feature?

Siri is only available on the 4S.

Despite my bitching, I'm torn now between the Galaxy S2 and the iPhone 4S. The Galaxy S2 is thinner, has a bigger screen, the super amoled is a lot nicer, it's open source so there's more room for customization but....The iPhone 4S has the A5 processor and really, it's the app store that has me on the fence. I can't get Dead Space or Resident Evil on the Android.

Daddio said:
Nexus Prime please.

I will settle for the Galaxy S2 LTE as well.

Apples? I don't like apples.

Yeah...A little irritated that the Galaxy LTE and LTE HD are being released in S. Korea and likely coming out here late this year or early next and we just got the GS2. Kind of unprecedented in terms of cell-phone turn around time. Usually it's a year before revisions/new models from a manufacturer.

I was waiting all week for the damn announcement they were going to make today... but they cancelled it because they didn't want the death of Steve Jobs to overshadow there announcement.

All over the internet they are praising the iPhone 4S because they had 1 million pre orders on Friday, simply because Jobs died? I do not understand the hype behind the iPhone... it WAS an innovator. Key word, WAS!!!!! Every single year they release things that should have been already on the phone the previous year. They restrict there phones, toss so much useless crap into them and yet people flock to them.

From what I can tell, Apple has done nothing with the iPhone 5 and spent all there time trying to sue, stall and destroy anyone else from releasing phones that make theres look outdated.

I got my iPhone 3G three years ago, a year later the 3GS comes out, through the resource hogging iTunes they tell me an update is available .. so I update it, my phone runs slow as fuck. The year later, iPhone 4 comes out, yet another update, now my phone barely works. I call my service provider, apple, and all they can say is that I should PAY and upgrade my iPhone. Typical Apple BS.

Why the hell should I have to dig for previous iOS updates so my phone works properly?? Meanwhile, Google is releasing updates for there THREE YEAR OLD PHONE still. FFS.

/end rant

what the hell do your phones do that iphones don't?

it makes calls, sends and receives text messages, browses the web, tells the time. and it does all the above effortlessly, and fast. what else does your phone need to do?

i don't have an iphone, but will eventually.

nintendo should get into the phone business, looks like thats where stupid innovations are all the rave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle