Apple unveils the....IPHONE 4S...

GRColin

Rookie
....Wait...What? No newly redesigned iPhone 5? Nope. An iPhone 4S

Apple today unveiled their iPhone 4S, disappointing many people, myself included, who were hoping for a newly revamped iPhone 5 that would feature a bigger, better screen and 4G support. Instead consumers were given an updated iPhone 4 using the A5 processor, similar to the one found in their iPad 2 which Apple claims will allow "graphics performance by about seven times and that overall performance should be twice as fast as before" and sport "an 8-megapixel camera capable of shooting 1080p video and a new antenna system that promises to offer 4G-like download speeds while maintaining a 3G-like battery life of about 8 hours of talk time". Other features will remain the same however like their front facing, archaic, VGA camera and the same old exterior design.

The question is, with open sourced phones with better displays, dual core processors and 8MP 1080p cameras and 4, what does the iPhone 4S offer over the competition? Siri? Something Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president in charge of all iOS software calls"It's your intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking."

I'll have to wait for some reviews comparing the A5 to the processor in say the Galaxy S2 before I make any upgrade decisions. Where the iPhone may keep me as a customer is with their app selection but the Galaxy S2's specs, screen, size and open sourced Android platform will likely win me over.

Interesting side note: The 16GB 4S will be priced at 199, the 32 at 299 and the 64GB will be 399 while the iPhone 4 8GB will be priced at 99.99 and the 3GS will be free.

I think it's funny that they're going to push that Siri voice command thing. Maybe it's just because no voice command system ever works, but I'm pretty damn skeptical. If it does end up performing and is actually useful then i will consider upgrading, but until then... nah

People use apple products?

But seriously, i've still just been using a little flip phone (without a camera). Playing with my co-workers HTC's, it may be time to upgrade, now that apple is on sprint....

but damn that's costly. :\

How much is it for an iphone+replacement plan+ monthly bill+shame of having apple products?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
People use apple products?

But seriously, i've still just been using a little flip phone (without a camera). Playing with my co-workers HTC's, it may be time to upgrade, now that apple is on sprint....

but damn that's costly. :\

How much is it for an iphone+replacement plan+ monthly bill+shame of having apple products?

Both your soul and dignity.

Posted from my iPhone.

MattAY said:
Does the S stand for Super?...

If so, I'm grabbing one.

Sadly I think it stands for "Slim".

The only thing that's appealing to me about any of those models is the huge 64GB one. Though I'm not an apple zombie so I won't be getting one anyway =P

Slim doesn't make sense because the case design is exactly the same, I think. But I don't know what the S stands for either, so... SUPER.

When the global economy and infrastructure collapses, war, famine, and pestilence claim billions of lives, and the few survivors are reduced to living a brutal hand-to-mouth existence, the best part will be no more Apple product releases.

Anyone who felt the iPhone5 was coming is not aware of Apple's trend.

Make something good, give it a year, spit shine it, and sell it again.

It's not until the current market far exceeds there own standards do they shit out new hardware, it's been the same with the iPod and the computer lineup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle