Another thread about North Korea... but more serious

They worshiped his father as a god and his father's cabinet tells son-god that it was his father's dying wish nuke America. Yeah, I'm on the other side of this, I actually think this guy will be a threat now and later, or at least until he hits puberty. OOOOOOO

Would be a very stupid moment in history If North Korea starts a war and it escalates into World War 3

"Yes Kids, WW3 started because some stupid, crazy, tyrannical, little kid launched a nuke at his neighbor and then the Chinese and US got involved because of protection treaties. Or as the little tyrant called it 'friendship treaty'."

Hahaha, I love those gifs WL.

I wish it were so easy to say "he's just being stupid, don't worry about it" but I feel like nuclear war is so horrifying that I can't help but still feel a teeny tiny bit scared... Like as scared as Kim Jong Un's penis is small.

I'll buy the next three posters any steam game of their choice if US soil is attacked by North Korea within the next year.

North Korea is going to take the fact that the US is cancelling a missile test so they do not irritate them further as a grand victory. That's likely the kind of victory this kid is looking for. Now he can say see the Americans take me seriously. Bow before your God.

I think it was an extremely intelligent choice. It'll be interesting to see where things go after this.

And North Korea is so freaking far off from being able to carry out a nuclear war with the US it's ridiculous.

If I were living in South Korea my jimmies would likely be a little bit rustled, as they have the artillery and man power to obliterate them overnight, but as I said earlier (I think) thats just NK committing suicide. I don't believe this kid a) has the balls to willingly kill himself, or b) is as bat shit crazy as he seems.

At least this is all old-school style bullshit that we're actually great at handling, not terrorist/guerilla stuff. The only part that really bothers me is that I don't see a way out for the North Korean people. In places like Iran & China I can see how the people will one day rise up (again) and try to gain their freedom, but the N. Korean people just seem too oblivious, cut-off, isolated, helpless, and indoctrinated to me.

intoTheRain said:
And North Korea is so freaking far off from being able to carry out a nuclear war with the US it's ridiculous.
depends on if N. Korea has nuke capable submarines or not. I'm not worried, because i know what the retaliation would be, but i think Jr.'s a threat for years to come.

Well we know they can launch a satellite into space. They could easily attach a nuke and detonate it in space causing a EMP over America.

The real question is why would they do it when its assured we would fuck them up. Little Boy is just trying to convince his slaves that the US takes him seriously and is afraid of him. He doesn't want real war, he just wants the perception of power.

Sourdeez said:
Little Boy

Thought you were going in a different direction with that for a second.

300px-Little_boy.jpg

I think the reason this has become more of a big deal right now is because the current sitting government in South Korea is much more hardline than in recent years. They are not very likely to react well if the North does some of things it has done in the last 5 years. If we see a repeat incident of, for example, the shelling of South Korean territory or an attack on a SK naval vessel, war is likely.

I think observers are concerned that the new government in the North may seriously underestimated the reaction the South and the US will provide them with and overstep on their current spate of political positioning. The fact that China was so willing to embrace the latest round of sanctions is telling that they're similarly concerned. And if Jr. decides that he needs to do something as a show of strength, shit will go down. As much as the Chinese fear a unified, democratic korea on their border, they'd be unlikely to step in with their military.

It's more likely that China will put a fucking boot to Jr.'s face in the coming weeks to prevent further escalation. But if NK does another nuclear test this month, all bets are off.

The way I look at it (which I will readily admit is more stoner paranoia than anything) is war is good, no; great for a tanking economy, I think if presented with a valid reason to act, there will be no sanctions, it will be balls to the wall war, and beyond missiles, NK poses minimal threat to the US, but in a land war they have a fighting chance as simply leveling the country wont be an available option

I'm more interested in how other nations will react, for example Canada went to afghanistan, but stayed the fuck out of Iraq, war fatigue is apparently rampant in the UK as well, but I can't cite any sources for that, just musings with friends from the area, is the threat of a nuclear war enough to rally the allies? (not that we're really needed....)

If so, by forcing a global conflict, we may see a unity worldwide similar to the effect ww2 had on participating nations, or it could just end up being a quagmire like Iraq

Fighting a nation is much better than fighting an ideal in terms of actually getting things done.

We need a good war to wipe out the lower class. Can't get a job? Join the army.

intoTheRain said:
I'll buy LawnGowne, Chris Crime and Sourdeez any steam game of their choice if US soil is attacked by North Korea within the next year.

Hear that guys? Better start thinking about what games you want.

intoTheRain said:
I'll buy LawnGowne, Chris Crime and Sourdeez any steam game of their choice if US soil is attacked by North Korea within the next year.
Poor choice of words.

I don't think he'll attack, i just think he's a threat for years to come.

The American retaliation is the scary part in this scenario.
pic somewhat related
v5ygj9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod