So... WW3?

There has been speculation that due to Kim Jong Il's health the whole thing is just NK flexing its military muscle as power is transfered to his son...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
^Kim jong Ill doesnt know this. he's as mad as a balloon.
Don't discredit the man. He's much, much smarter than he's often perceived. However, he does have a lot of mental problems, so while he knows it's true he's likely to disregard it.

However, the second he launches a nuke on anyone, China and Russia are going to cut off all ties with North Korea. He knows that.

Basically, it's like I said before. They want attention to be drawn to their military strength.

World War III? The only ones who would survive would be the cockroaches.

MattAY said:
they only killed 2 people for fucks sake. It didnt even beat the reveal of Prince William's wedding date on the main news.

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited for Prince William! lol

Longo_2_guns said:
Basically, it's like I said before. They want attention to be drawn to their military strength.
What strength?
A bunch of outdated MiGs, some outdated AK-47 clones and small inneficient nuclear weapons?

It would take 10 of their most common fighters (MiG-21s) to take out 1 american F-22 Raptor.

Wes said:
World War III? The only ones who would survive would be the cockroaches.

MattAY said:
they only killed 2 people for fucks sake. It didnt even beat the reveal of Prince William's wedding date on the main news.

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited for Prince William! lol
I know, right? Finally a royal wedding!

And who cares about North Korea, the country that receive the most humanitarian aids in the world cause they can't even feed their own people! If you ask me, war or no war, in 10-15 years time, the regime will crumble anyway.

Seriously? You get a day off work for some royal wedding? That's it, we need royals in the U.S. Seriously, I'd fight a war to have royals introduced here.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Seriously? You get a day off work for some royal wedding? That's it, we need royals in the U.S. Seriously, I'd fight a war to have royals introduced here.

Isn't that the Palins?

Longo_2_guns said:
Everyone's freaking out about this, when really nothing is going to happen.

This sums it up. It was a stupid act made by a stupid leader. It won't lead to WW3. Same thing happened a few years back with the Lebanon war bit.

Green_Lantern said:
Bretimus_v2 said:

Isn't that the Palins?

Is that the best you can come up with? Rockafellers to say the least; the Kennedy's for gods sake! Ford? Roosevelt-holy fuck it's storming.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Green_Lantern said:
Bretimus_v2 said:

Isn't that the Palins?

Is that the best you can come up with? Rockafellers to say the least; the Kennedy's for gods sake! Ford? Roosevelt-holy f*** it's storming.
Or the bush family!
*cricket sounds*
Man... Bush jokes don't work no more? I mean... they both started wars... darn it...

Lethean said:
This sums it up. It was a stupid act made by a stupid leader. It won't lead to WW3. Same thing happened a few years back with the Lebanon war bit.
Yeah.

I only realized how pathetic the armed forces there really are after this.
Just Australia + NZ could completely crush them, with no nuclear weapon use.

I'm telling you, at some point we're going to find out that S. Korea is actually the evil twin and then we will really pay.

keepithowitis said:
I'm sure Mr. Jong has some tricks up his sleeve if he's really trying to start a war with such a "weak" army.
At first glance it's not so weak. Over 1 million troops, nuclear weapons, 1500 Air craft, 70 submarines etc.

But then you realize the troops have no morale, using outdated AK clones with limited ammo per troop, the nuclear weapons are a joke with only 2 apparent test and no proof of a delivery system that works.
Their air superiority jets are only superior to jets made in the 70s and 80s, being extremely outdated and likely running badly due to poor maintenance. The bombers are useless with no range, no speed and no height. Any SAM could destory them with no effort at all.
The submarines are almost as outdated as the bombers, being based on designs from the 60s with worse technology, somehow.

If North Korea declared war on South Korea, the entirety of their armed forces could be wiped out without the US doing anything at all.

I love everyone's logic here, "well there army isn't as good as it's made out to be"

They've got a leader who's batshit crazy making threats, people who have been beaten into submission, and a hell of a collection of armed men and women

They're equipments not as good as the americans you say? Because the first Korean war, Vietnam, afghanistan and iIraq are concrete proof that better equipment = instant win right?

Come the fuck off it, the mans nuts enough to start a war, and unless we decide to raze the country and kill every civillian, it's going to be a bloody, gorilla-warfare style combat that favours the home team

madster said:
So... WW3?

God, I hope so. The latest wars have been so boring. In the US, from our failed bin Laden captures to the infamous weapons of mass destruction debacle, even the term "war" has lost its power. So, to break from the war malaise and to show the grandeur...the epic enormity of it all, bring on WW3.

Just don't let it get in the way with My TV, My Internet, My sleeping schedule.
Not on Sundays. Actually not Friday - Monday would be perfect.
Have someone else do it, and no where near my property.

Everything else is cool.

Keep your fingers crossed.

edit: i've been thinking, maybe WW3 isn't the best idea after all. It would find a way to disrupt something I enjoy somehow, someway. That's not worth it.

Icepick said:
it's going to be a bloody, gorilla-warfare style combat that favours the home team

Gorilla-Warfare--18468.jpg

Oh snap, they got gorillas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle