2012 = Nerd alert

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by BlackStar, Jul 7, 2010.

1. BlackStar

BlackStar Rookie

Christian Bale's third Batman movie
    The Avengers
    A Spider-man reboot
    The Hobbit

AND THE PLAYSTATION FOUUUUUUUUUUUR
    [​IMG]

Bring on the end of the world and let's go out with a bang!!!!!

Stupid 2011! Get out of the way, nobody cares about you!

So what are we going to do until 2012? Any ideas?

2. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Well, personally, I plan on partying like a rockstar because OBVIOUSLY when 2012 hits I won't be anywhere to be found... unless you check my living room because I'll be playing the PS4 (if it actually releases then). Otherwise you'll be able to find me at the movies, because Batman, The Avengers, and The Hobbit (if they've found a new director) will be there. The Spider-Man reboot might be cool but I still need to read up on it.

TL;DR?
    2010 = o_O

2011 = o_o

2012 = O_O

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

.......................................................................................................................
    .......................................................................................................................
    .........................................................why must you fill this room with LIES!!!?

I dont plan that far ahead either.

4. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Ugh, I never enjoy hearing about the upcoming next-gen consoles. The PS4 is (probably) going to be around 600 bucks which means I won't be able to afford it until its price drops three years later. Also the PS3 still has a lot of potential, I don't know why they must rush these things. Give it a good ten years so people can enjoy the 300-500 bucks they spent on a gaming console.

But the movies sound cool. Peter Jackson has decided to direct The Hobbit after Del Toro walked on the project so WOO-HOO!

Until 2012 I'll be preparing for the end of the world with the greatest invention known to man: Duct tape, it's all you'll ever need.

5. The_Big_Cheese

The_Big_Cheese Regular

There's really a Playstation 4 coming out in 2012? I guess Dec. 21, 2012 is when all the Playstation 4 gains self awareness and brings about the end of human civilization.

6. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

^ Nonono, that's when Skynet becomes self aware. Trust me folks, it exists, we just don't know about it

7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

2012?

Bring it on.

8. BlackStar

BlackStar Rookie

I'm sorry but Zombieland was better than Shaun of the Dead :cry:

http://www.ps4playstation4.com/ps4-rele ... own-begins

This is actually old news... it just hit me that 2012 will be a very geeky year. *cue Requiem for a dream music*

AND DON'T PUT THIS IN GENERAL! There is more to this thread than the PS4...

Put on your 3D glasses kids!!!

[​IMG]
    BAM
    [​IMG]

no refunds

9. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

I JUST bought a PS2. What the fuck man.

10. Wes

Wes Rookie

At first I strongly opposed the idea of a Spider-man reboot. Waaaaaay too soon. But I suppose it could work as long as they don't do his whole origin all over again. Make it a completely different movie with a new villain and it could work.

The third Batman movie will be hyped to the max, just like most threequels, and it'll probably be a huge disappointment, just like most threequels.

11. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

A PS2? Really? Why didn't you buy one, like, 9 years ago?

12. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

No good games out?

13. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

A little early to post my 21st birthday thread, isn't it? <_<

2012 is going to be...interesting. I've always expected that I'll see the apocalypse, but now I'm just not certain whether it will be on 12/21/2012 or not. Part of me wants it to be, and part of me wants to fulfill my dreams in life before that happens.

14. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Been there, done that. It was called Y2K

In the 90's we were a bit more gullible to this whole "end of the world" thing. But it was kind of a big deal seeing how it was the beginning of a new millenium. Regardless, nothing happened on January 01st, 2000 at 12:00am.... Nothing.

Then there was 9/11 and, well, we realised that if anything bad was going to happen it wouldn't be because of some pop culture fad. The world won't come to an end because some shitty Roland Emmerich movie says so.

2012 is the sequel to Y2K that nobody wanted. It's going straight to DVD, not even Blu-Ray.

15. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Only problem is, 2012 has ancient history to back it up. I don't think Y2K did.

16. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

2012 is based off the Mayan Calendar. If it was the Aztec Calendar maybe it would mean a tiny little shit, but it isn't so it doesn't.

It's a total fabrication to the highest degree.

17. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Also, the Mayans didn't even predict the world would end. They just ended the calendar at 2012, they had to stop eventually.

I'm thinking they planned to go up to 2000 but did the same thing I do when I level grind in RPG's. I'll plan to grind 5 levels and then stop but when I get there I figure I might as well grind a couple more, lol.

18. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

I'm looking towards Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps taking home all the gold at the 2012 Olympics. Also England entering and qualifying toddlers for the gymnasts events will be a good laugh on China. It's gonna be a great time.

19. KoalaRainbowPoop

god damn it people. stop talking about the Mayan calendar if you have no idea why the fuck it ends at 2012. fuck. it ends at 2012 because according to their calendar, everything starts over at year 0 again. god dammit. now shut up. there is no end of the world at 2012, if you think it does, and you believe in conspiracy theories, you sire are a idiot that should die now.

20. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Calm down. You're mad about nothing.