Youtube Rentals

This better only apply for the fucking movies.

Because then it doesn't affect me, because it's both quicker and cheaper for me to pirate 720p blu-ray rips and stream them straight to my PS3/360.

Wait... I'm a bit lost here.

That means that users could charge other users if they wish to view their stuff?

??

Oh wow, as if mandatory ads before watching a video was bad enough, now they're going to charge us? I already pay to use the internet, therefore YouTube should be free FFS.

This idea will only push people away from YouTube. Who the hell is going to pay money for the viral video of a cat flushing a toilet? What's next? A monthly service fee to use a social networking site?

If they start charging on Youtube, another site will come up and Youtube will falter (or another existing site will just become way more popular).

Don't worry fellas, it'll pass

^
Yup. There are thousands of college kikds out there looking to be the next Mark Zuckerberg and get filthy rich by making a website everyone will use. Judging by the success of YouTube, someone will just make another site for free and everybody will just move over there.

Damn, I wish I knew more about computers.

Rakon said:
If they start charging on Youtube, another site will come up and Youtube will falter (or another existing site will just become way more popular).

Don't worry fellas, it'll pass

Agreed, but I hope the youtube assholes dont migrate over to vimeo and ruin the community there.

Can't wait till people will buy and record these videos... and post them again in youtube for free.

UghRochester said:
Don't worry, I'm NOT going to charge people.
If you did, i would be forced to buy an airplane ticket simply to show up at your house and slap you on the back of the head.

Also, who the hell doesn't use ADBlock and have Easy Youtube downloader?
Seriously, look at my youtube:

If yours doesn't look close to mine, you're doing it wrong.

I watch Youtube for shits and giggles. I wont need to download shit.

Also, you know the shit that gets flagged off as copyright infringment? That's probably the stuff they'll charge you to see.

MattAY said:
I watch Youtube for shits and giggles. I wont need to download s***.
This. I submit to you this query: Why download at all :shock:
basically, why take up space on a hdd, any hdd when a stream is but a click away?
Laziness? Laziness.

unless it's super, ultra freaking rare!...there's no point. except the laziness point

Chris_Crime said:
MattAY said:
I watch Youtube for shits and giggles. I wont need to download s***.
This. I submit to you this query: Why download at all :shock:
basically, why take up space on a hdd, any hdd when a stream is but a click away?
Laziness? Laziness.

unless it's super, ultra freaking rare!...there's no point. except the laziness point
Because pressing the windows button and typing in, say, 'magn' and clicking on something is easier and quicker than opening a browser, going to youtube, searching for the video and then waiting for it to load - and then, if it's 720p, shudder because my current laptop is underpowered as hell and only really does 720p videos without issue on VLC.

Plus, this way you have a copy you can transfer onto any device, convert into whatever format you want and if the video gets deleted for some reason, you still have it.

Why would you download a game instead of using OnLive?

Looks to me like a way for networks to put episodes of South Park and The Office on Youtube and have people pay for them. Relax, I'm sure you will still be able to watch your Pop Tart Cats and Chad Vaders and Grape Stomping Lady Fails for free.

GiftedMonkey said:
Looks to me like a way for networks to put episodes of South Park and The Office on Youtube and have people pay for them. Relax, I'm sure you will still be able to watch your Pop Tart Cats and Chad Vaders and Grape Stomping Lady Fails for free.

Wait, couldn't you watch South Park and the Office for free anyways? Southparkstudios.com and the NBC site let you watch those shows for free.

From what I understand, they're letting the uploaders charge fees to view their videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle