You Guys Are My Second Family

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
My dad passed away yesterday. He was 52-53, can't remember his birth year. I didn't really depend on him much, but if I needed food or he would use his SNAP benefits for me. He died on a bad note. Monday, I drove him and grandma (his mom) for errands. He didn't really take care of his blood sugar and was completely out of it. He called me Tuesday while I was broadcasting. He left a voicemail being the same way. I regret not calling him back, he just wanted to see how I was doing.

Yo Ugh,

I'm sorry for your loss dude. I remember you giving him a lift in your brand new whip! Seemed like you guys had a good one going on. Also, nice of you to help out where you could - I'm sure he more than appreciated it, like you appreciated his help. Try and remember those fun moments!

And make sure you take care of YOUR blood sugar - thats also something I inherited from my dad and struggle to maintain daily, but I know if I don't I'll follow in his shoes.

Take care of yourself bro & stay up!

I'm sorry Ugh. In your time here at GR you've matured into a valued member of our little community. We care about you and are wishing you well right now.

I can't thank you guys enough. I'm not trying to put this burden on anyone else, but our family is in a tough spot. He had no life insurance and I can't possibly let my uncles pay for funeral costs. If you can help, any little bit can help.

http://www.gofundme.com/zja83g

Sorry to hear, Howie. I hope you all pull through this tough time OK, and that you get to say goodbye to your dad in the way you wish for.

I have almost no money, but I know how rough it is to lose a parent, so I gave a little bit.

When my mom died, I was on a bad note with her (the week prior we had gotten into a huge fight, and the day before she died I opted not to see her in the hospital because I was almost certain she was going to pull through), so I know what it's like.

Believe me, it gets better.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm right here.

Hey Howard.

I posted on your Facebook already but I would like to post here as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lose someone so close. I've personally lost close friends and other family members have sadly left us, but no one from my immediate family... I can't and don't want to imagine what it's like.

I'm not really a praying person, but I would like to say that my thoughts and heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you're all okay during this difficult time.

I've donated some money to your GoFundMe page for your father. I'll share it on my own Facebook too. Hopefully it helps.

Please take care of yourself.

You guys are great, which is why I posted the GoFundMe. I do feel guilty for taking donations from you guys.
Longo_2_guns said:
When my mom died, I was on a bad note with her (the week prior we had gotten into a huge fight, and the day before she died I opted not to see her in the hospital because I was almost certain she was going to pull through), so I know what it's like.
Seeing something I can relate to really helps. Thanks man

Sorry to hear this Howard. It's hard to lose a parent. Especially at a young age like that. You're in my family's prayers. Don't feel bad about not returning the call. Little things like that come up. Creating that guilt gives us a way to hold on to them in some form. And there are way better ways to have your Dad in your heart.

Keep your head up. Thank you for letting us help. That's what we do for each other.

Ugh,

I am sorry about your dad dude.

Don't blame yourself, above anything else. He obviously cared about you and wouldn't want you to dwell on things like that. Just hang in there and remember the good times first.

Love you dude, keep doing what you do.

LinksOcarina said:
Don't blame yourself, above anything else. He obviously cared about you and wouldn't want you to dwell on things like that. Just hang in there and remember the good times first.
This, for sure.

Always remember that you loved him, he loved you, and he knew that you loved him.

I took one look at the title and guessed what this was about, and I wish I wasn't right.

Sorry to hear that, Ugh. It's gonna suck for a while, but time heals all wounds.

Today was harder than usual. I wanted to call him to see how he was doing. It really hasn't sunk in me yet.

You called me once while I was out in the city on my ebike. We talked while I was in Lees chicken.

Anyways I texted the number I have for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle