You guys are my family

WickedLiquid

Regular
No I'm not talking about GR being a tight community. I mean we're all related in some way or another!

Take a second and think about your family tree. You came from two biological parents, and you have four biological grandparents, eight biological great grandparents, sixteen biological great great grandparents, and so on and so on. Each generation back, the number doubles and yet when we go back in time the population decreases. IF you were to go back 60 generations, that amount of ancestors would be larger than the number of people who have ever existed on Earth.

So yes, we're all related in one way or another. And if you're married to or currently dating someone born and raised in the same country as you with the same racial background, you could be related by no more than 5 generations back. This is creepy, but going back that far is so insignificant that it's hardly even considered incest.

So finding that "soul-mate" in life who seems perfect for you could just mean you see eye to eye on so many things because you're actually distant cousins...

It's times like these I'm glad my exes have been Asian or British. LOL

Vsauce on YouTube explains this all pretty well and his video got me to share this disturbing info with you all. So you can check it out for more info on this subject. But remember, the next time you get into a fight with a total stranger, it's probably just sibling rivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhtgINeaJWg

Ever heard of Adam and Eve, Quidboy? :p That video does go into some good detail, though. It's taken you a while to have this epiphany but hey, better late than never.

<3 you brotha.

Well, I haven't watched the video, but yeah, leading scientists believe that everyone in the world is at least 50th cousins with everyone else. And it's pretty easy to link the genetic ties between Native Americans, Asians, Middle/Near Easterners, and so on.

Oh yeah, but the important thing to remember is that incest babies don't count if it's second cousins or more.

I was thinking about this recently. Mindblowing in a way, but it doesn't bother me. Many small island and village populations seem to do fine even they don't have much variety in the choice of partner.

Anything past 2nd cousins results in enough diversity to work perfectly well.

This is pretty cool, because if 99.999% of the human race was suddenly wiped out tomorrow we would bounce back without any problems.

Humanity: Fucking our way to the top

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod